Fitbit Charge

Hi Everyone!
Happy New Year. I'm trying again this year to lose some weight . I got a Fit bit Charge for Christmas. I set it up with my height weight. Trying to lose one pound a week. When I woke up this morning it tell me 641 calories remaining. Does that mean I can eat only 641 calories a day? I confused please help! Thanks in advance
Zahid

Replies

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    There is a forum on here for fitbit users, find it and read it. I find what works best is to sync it to MFP and go by MFP calorie recommendations, at least to start your day through breakfast and lunch, then at the end of the day I look at the TDEE the total calorie burn for the day, and make sure that you are eating at least 500 calories less everyday then your TDEE.
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Thanks!
  • katdell
    katdell Posts: 89 Member
    Hi, are you sure it's not telling you how many calories you have lost, so far in the day? Mine tells me how many steps, miles, stairs, my heart rate and calories I have lost during the day! I would never eat that little, maybe you need to workout how many calories you should eat daily and that will help you get your steps up!
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    No it said calories left and as the day progressed and I went for a walk it increased. So I'm thinking, it gives me the calories of what I can eat if I don't exercise and it increases as I burn calories? I 'll give it a few days to try and figure this out. Thanks, I'll let you know if I figure it out.