Asda cheese rice stuffed peppers. Copycat recipe?

Options
bitterrevenge
bitterrevenge Posts: 25 Member
So at the minute I'm spending a fortune on Asda cheese rice stuffed peppers as me and my partner really enjoy them but I'd prefer to make a large batch of my own but I'm having trouble finding a similar recipe.

They are described as rice, tomato and cheddar peppers. The rice is in some form of cheese sauce, not tomato as far as I can tell! Then topped with cheese. Does anyone have any similar recipes they could part with? Thanks :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Get a pepper, half and de-seed, roast for around 15 minutes, fill with risotto (packet bought or home made, flavour of your choice), top with cheese, bake for a further 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I cut a pepper in half, de-seed, and put it in the oven in a dish... Meanwhile I sautee some onions with ground turkey (or beef) and cook some rice. I add some tomato sauce and some rice to the mixture and let simmer for a couple minutes. Then I take the pepper out of the oven, put the mixture in it, add some cheese on top, and just bake until the cheese is melted.

I guess you could just cook some tomato and mix with rice and cheese until it melts then put it in the pepper. It won't taste the same though as I'm guessing the cheese mixture that they are using is not totally real cheese.