Cerazette and weight loss - women only :)

I was on the yasmin pill for 7 years, but came off due to migraines. I have now been on cerazette for a month and a half and I'm not so sure about it. I have read a lot of review and people complaining about weight gain, and getting pregnant on it.

I have gained weight, but that may just be Christmas so I cant judge that really! but I am now beginning MFP and having a healthy life style to loose weight and don't want this pill to effect that.

Please let me no as many of your experiences on this subject of birth control and weight loss capabilities as possible.

Thank you :)

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    I have been on several types of birth control through the years and none of them ever caused me to gain weight. There are tons of women who are on birth control and it hasn't hindered their weight loss at all. As long as you're in a calorie deficit then you can lose weight regardless of what birth control you use.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Birth control affects your hormones and hormones affect hunger and satiety levels. From what I read and have experienced, it doesn't seem to be the actual pill that influences weight loss or gain, but rather the side effects of wanting to eat more or be tired and move less which may =weight gain. Bottom line, a birth control pill/injection itself won't cause you to gain or lose weight. If you are determined at sticking to your calories and activities then you should be fine.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Birth control affects your hormones and hormones affect hunger and satiety levels. From what I read and have experienced, it doesn't seem to be the actual pill that influences weight loss or gain, but rather the side effects of wanting to eat more or be tired and move less which may =weight gain. Bottom line, a birth control pill/injection itself won't cause you to gain or lose weight. If you are determined at sticking to your calories and activities then you should be fine.

This
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi! I've been on cerazette for a little over a year now and I don't think it's hindered my weight loss at all! Have you spoken to your doctor about this?