Game of Thrones Fitness Challenge - Starts on January 10th!

rogue024
rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
edited January 2016 in Challenges
zriroama4pbn.jpg

To Game of Thrones fans and New Years Resolutioners!

The fourth round, "A Feast for Crows" fitness challenge, is starting on January 10th and is open to those who are interested in a fun and exciting way to maintain and achieve your achievement goals.

The Basics:
  • All participants must choose a House and sign up by January 9th
  • The challenge runs for 10 weeks
  • Each house completes various challenges every week, to include cardio, strength, and flex exercises, as well as other small challenges depending on what is happening in the Seven Kingdoms
  • This is a team-based challenge, so you will look to your teammates for support, advice, and motivation

Each house is limited to 20 participants, so sign up early!

If you are interested, follow this link and request to join:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107102-game-of-thrones-challenge-a-feast-for-crows

If you have any questions, post them here.

Thank you and we hope to see you in the Realm!

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Cool! I only just noticed that MFP now has a forum specifically dedicated to challenge announcements.

Anyway, although I am sitting out this particular round, I can personally attest that the Game of Thrones Challenge is awesome.

Join the fun!
  • goingtobefit2016
    goingtobefit2016 Posts: 9 Member
    sounds fun
  • minizebu
    To add: You do not need any book or TV series knowledge to participate. There will be some items from the storyline, but there is nothing that would exclude any non-book readers/TV series watchers.

I've borrowed this quote from the announcement of the very first round of Game of Thrones (which began in April of last year).

Don't miss out on this challenge, just because you are not a fan of the books or the show. You do not need to have read the books or watched the show to enjoy and follow along with this challenge.
  • rogue024
    Thank you @minizebu! We have benefited a lot from this challenge. Hopefully we'll see you in the next round!
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    I think House Targaryen and Stark only have one spot left each...other houses still have more openings...sign up early so you can get your choice of houses
  • mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    I'd like to join. It won't let me join in the group though!
  • rogue024
    mdelynn01 wrote: »
    I'd like to join. It won't let me join in the group though!

I just sent you an invite. Look for the bell at the top of your screen.
  • fbinsc
    Stark and Targaryen are now full, spaces are still available in other houses.
  • lsloper
    lsloper Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    fbinsc wrote: »

What are the other house names? I wasn't sure, so I didn't specify one in my message. I would be ok with any of them, as long as I could participate! :)
  • rogue024
    The other houses are Tyrell, Baratheon, Greyjoy, Martell, and Lannister.
  • rogue024
    lsloper wrote: »
    fbinsc wrote: »

What are the other house names? I wasn't sure, so I didn't specify one in my message. I would be ok with any of them, as long as I could participate! :)

Please post in the house where you want to join. You're already in the group.
  • fbinsc
    In case there is any confusion, once you join the forum you will find threads for the houses (teams). You must post in one of these threads to join the challenge.
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    I hope you still have some room! I just sent my request and would love to have some fun and get fit.
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    I sent my application, home u have room.
  • minizebu
    This challenge is awesome, no matter which house you join. Don't miss out on the fun!

7242dcjrxn50.jpeg
  • emman4
    emman4 Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2016
    Please can I join the challenge :smile:
    (Just sent request)
  • minizebu
    There are still lots of spaces left in Houses Martell, Greyjoy & Baratheon!

rhxwadkn01hz.jpg

eajgpp2koy07.jpg

x40ub0t9eelc.jpg

• gettingbetternow
    gettingbetternow Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    I requested to join but I don't see the teams. Is there still room?
  • rogue024
    I requested to join but I don't see the teams. Is there still room?

You should be able to see it now. There's still room!
  • finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    This sounds awesome. I'd like to join if there is room left!