Treadmill. Good news, bad news.

Options
Good news is I finished my 10K ZenLabs app WK1 DY1 workout. Bad news is my 10 (15?) year old Horizon T61 treadmill flipped out after the run was over and started beeping and flashing "0 1-04" on the display and won't stop no matter what I do. (powered off and on, tried to soft reset treadmill, motor breaker OK, etc.) No help from user manual, service manual, or online searches.

Anyone have ideas?

Replies

• shut_up_legs
    shut_up_legs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Run outside instead >:)
    (Sorry no idea but I would try googling the code and make/model to see if anything comes up)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    When ours freaked out, we just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it reset. Some treadmills have a reset button somewhere.
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options

Saw the page. Checked them all. Nada.
    katkins3 wrote: »
    When ours freaked out, we just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it reset. Some treadmills have a reset button somewhere.

Did both the hard (unplug) and soft (hold reset button down for three seconds) resets. Nada.

Thanks for your comments.

Anyone else know what a Horizon T61 '0 1-04' error code is?
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You might drop an email to this guy: https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/customer-service .

Shot in the dark: burnt control board. Clearly its getting power but taking no control inputs.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Great idea! ... Sent the e-mail. Now waiting for a reply.

• d_thomas02
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Received response from e-mail.

---
    Hello, This sounds like maybe something in the software has went bad. You may have to restore console or possible replace the console. I have included the software if you wanted to try restoring that. It looks like the console is showing to be discontinued so I do not think you will be hurting anything with the software.
    ---

He included a PDF with instruction on downloading software onto a USB drive and plugging that into the treadmill to upload software.

One problem. My T61 treadmill doesn't have a USB port. I'll have to pull the cover again to see if there is one internally.
  • bwesterman001
    bwesterman001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a Horizon T500 and on occasion I have had a problem or two with it. I've called their support number and they have always been super helpful in determining the issue and sending me the right part, if needed. Give them a call and they will walk you through the appropriate diagnostics.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Thanks bwesterman. I did call the support number and found out that, while she could not find a reference for the error code, most likely it was the upper control board. Roughly $150 US when they had it. Sorry but its been discontinued. Try e-bay. (She really was a nice lady so no harm, no foul.)

No luck on e-bay.

Since the motor probably still works, I think I can strip it down and make a conveyor belt out of it to feed a compost trummel (sometimes called a drum sifter). Saving the planet by re-tasking. "More ways than one to be green."