Dammmm it

Options
BMadrid93
BMadrid93 Posts: 14 Member
It is going to be so hard giving up that bad salt cravings and bad food like ...

Replies

• tichondria
    tichondria Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I completely understand that one. I have a huge weakness and it's called Salt and Vinegar chips. Such a downfall for me that I usually just never ever get any, because I know myself and I don't stop at just a few chips!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    It's NOT about giving up food you like. That's why people fail when they've "given up" things they like. It's about learning habitual behavior of being able to portion out foods you like and staying within a calorie restriction..............for life. That's how people who stay at a normal weight do it.
    I eat all sorts of high sodium (soy sauce in many dishes) and "bad food" weekly. For YEARS. I just don't eat A LOT each time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BMadrid93
    BMadrid93 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh okay yeah of course that does make sense... Well as of now I want to cut it out until I get on a good routine of substituting those bad foods with good and then yeah on special occasions if there is junk then yeah I'll learn to consume a little of it
  • kiddiebqueen17
    kiddiebqueen17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If it was up to me, every dinner would be pizza and a bottle of pop. For dessert, anything sweet. Then once my daughter goes to bed, a nice salty late night snack.

I'm on day 9 of my weight loss journey and its hard. I am trying to minimize pop to a quarter bottle and filling the cup with ice cubes. I still have had pizza twice but just limited it to a slice with some veggie sticks.

Dessert, has not been eliminated but I have been limiting it to one or two pieces of chocolate... which has actually been ok.

I am also avoiding the late night salty snack... although I find some days I'm going to bed early just to fight the temptation/habit/craving. That part has been the worst.