Started Nutrisystem looking for friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• gary_bridgeforth
    Options
    I have used NS in the past and went from around 360lbs down to below 300 in about three months. After being of it about a year, I put approximately 20 back on and have just started back on it. I am also using the Up24 tracker with this all to help keep track of my calories better.
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    1yvonna wrote: »
    Hi all. I am excited to see there is a nutrisystem group. I just got my box of goodies today. I work 10 plus hour days so I believe this will work. I plan on starting turbo 10 on Sunday. I am open to any tips for success. I am 51 and want to drop 50.

Good luck! The shelf foods are very easy to take with you. Tips? Follow the plan and log EVERYTHING. Probably not telling you something that you don't already know, but I became VERY aware of how much trash I was filling myself up with when I started logging religiously.

• Ketomilly1
    Ketomilly1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Good luck! The shelf foods are very easy to take with you. Tips? Follow the plan and log EVERYTHING. Probably not telling you something that you don't already know, but I became VERY aware of how much trash I was filling myself up with when I started logging religiously.

[/quote]

• Ketomilly1
    Options
    Hi Kevin and Gary,
    Thanks for tips. I am wrapping up my turbo week today and it has been pretty simple to manage. I do log. I want to firm life long habits. I am not sure what up24 is. Also, Kevin I am not techy so I am not sure how to copy a text to respond like you did in response to me.
    I am weighing in on Fridays so I let you know how all is going. I would love to know your successes as well. I did join the 20 pound challenge for June. ..check it out.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I like my money.
  • Malenurse51
    Options
    Hi Kevin and Gary,
    Thanks for tips. I am wrapping up my turbo week today and it has been pretty simple to manage. I do log. I want to firm life long habits. I am not sure what up24 is. Also, Kevin I am not techy so I am not sure how to copy a text to respond like you did in response to me.
    I am weighing in on Fridays so I let you know how all is going. I would love to know your successes as well. I did join the 20 pound challenge for June. ..check it out.

I couldn't do the Turbo or Fast 5 because I was on the Men's Diabetic Plan. An "Up" is a fitness tracker by Jawbone, similar to a FitBit. Good luck on the weigh in! Oh, and if you want to quote, just click on the "Quote" at the bottom of this post and whatever I've typed will show up in your post. Ta-Daa.

As as for liking my money, I found that I was spending as much on fast food, junk and food that I really didn't need to eat at the grocery store, as I do on Nutrisystem. It's a wash.
  • Ketomilly1
    Options
    Hey Kevin,
    I totally agree on the grocery bill. I start my regular part of program today. The only blood work I need to focus on in cholesterol. I don't want the meds.
    Do you eat everything on the diet and lose weight consistently?
  • Malenurse51
    Options
    Hey Kevin,
    I totally agree on the grocery bill. I start my regular part of program today. The only blood work I need to focus on in cholesterol. I don't want the meds.

I do try and stay on the food that I've ordered, except for the snacks. I'm not a real "snacks" kind of guy. If anything, I'll have a few chips and salsa, or a 100c. bag of popcorn or a Weight Watchers cheese stick, cottage cheese. My problem is that you have to order them on the program so I have snacks stacked everywhere! I allow myself an occasional meal out and just get back on the program the next day. I try not to beat myself up over it if I slip. I'm 13 pounds away from my goal, so I'm trying to remain focused on it. Congratulations on the loss with the Turbo. Oh, do I lose consistently? It was falling off of me for about the first 50, now it's slowed down to about a pound a week. I've made it to the point where people are afraid to ask if I've planned to lose or if I'm ill, lol. I tell them it all planned and I've never felt better.
  • Ketomilly1
    Options
    Hey Kevin,

I do try and stay on the food that I've ordered, except for the snacks. I'm not a real "snacks" kind of guy. If anything, I'll have a few chips and salsa, or a 100c. bag of popcorn or a Weight Watchers cheese stick, cottage cheese. My problem is that you have to order them on the program so I have snacks stacked everywhere! I allow myself an occasional meal out and just get back on the program the next day. I try not to beat myself up over it if I slip. I'm 13 pounds away from my goal, so I'm trying to remain focused on it. Congratulations on the loss with the Turbo. Oh, do I lose consistently? It was falling off of me for about the first 50, now it's slowed down to about a pound a week. I've made it to the point where people are afraid to ask if I've planned to lose or if I'm ill, lol. I tell them it all planned and I've never felt better.

You deserve the congregations. I am feeling good on the diet. I am curious if I will have similar results now on the 1200 call a day part. I like to exercise but have fallen off a dedicated routine because of work. I am gone 13 hour days 4 days a week. I hope that my energy will increase so I can do morning 5am routine. Have you seen improvement in workouts?
  • Malenurse51
    Options
    Oh yes, I've seen improvement in my workouts. I'm up to 60 minutes @ 3.8 - 4mph on the treadmill and i've started lifting and seen improvements all around. I've redicovered ribs, collarbones, all sorts of things, lol.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Hey Kevin,

I get asked if I am sick also or am I losing weight on purpose. I have been on NS since last March and I have lost 100 lbs. I am not completely 100% on ns right now, but 80% of the time I am eating the food. Its a great program if you can afford it.
  • Malenurse51
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    Hey Kevin,

I get asked if I am sick also or am I losing weight on purpose. I have been on NS since last March and I have lost 100 lbs. I am not completely 100% on ns right now, but 80% of the time I am eating the food. Its a great program if you can afford it.

Congratulations! You're looking great! I guess except for the first few months, I've always "strayed" when necessary, but overall I'm happy with the results. You go!
  • Malenurse51
    Options
    Have to share. Started NS in August, 2015. I've been very faithful to the program (as my previous posts reflect). I was wearing 44 pants. I picked up a pair of Wranglers yesterday. Ta Daa!!!! 34's! It's working folks!
  • Malenurse51
    Options
    For all of my Nutrisystem peeps. I discovered that if you put 1c. (112g) of fresh pineapple into one of the NS Smooth Vanilla shakes and the sweetener or your choice (which totals out @ 192c), it is AWESOME!!!!!!! Of course it does require that you actually blend the shake instead of using the NS shaker.