NIGHT TIME

Options
Okay..... I do very well throughout the day with my eating and working out. At night is when I seem to crave EVERYTHING..... I did so well today. And just BLEW it ALL... Anyone else have night cravings?? If so what do you do to not indulge?? HELP PLEASE :'(

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I know I like eating at night so I plan my day to suit. I have a huge dinner and dessert, but eat less earlier in the day to "save" calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough during the day?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things that could be happening here. How aggressive is your goal? For example, if you're trying for 2lbs a week, you might want to drop it down to 1.5 or 1lb per week.

It's possible that your food isn't nutrient dense. For example, a meal of fiber and protein is going to keep you fuller longer than French fries or candy.

If all else fails, leave yourself calories for these times you struggle. I'm a night eater, so a good chunk of my calories are accounted for at night. Timing doesn't matter, only a deficit, so changing timing of meals can help.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body is not getting the signal that it is time to sleep, so it sends a message to keep eating. I am also a late night snacker and will try to eat a light low calorie snack before going to bed. After I get a good night's sleep, I am no longer hungry. Try it.
  • kafrantz
    kafrantz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This so used to be my problem. I used to eat around 1200 calories a day while dieting, I would eat around 200-300 calories each for breakfast and lunch then eat like 700 calories for dinner. I always lost weight doing that but it would come right back because I was being too restrictive. I decided to see a dietitian, she has me doing 1500 calories for now. She also has me eating 3 meals that are around 400-500 a piece without snacks. I thought I would die without snacks but in reality I love it! My meals leave me satisfied and sometimes I will save myself a treat for dinner or after dinner but I don't snack during the day.

My point of this long post is that perhaps you could try upping your calories, if you're able. Or eating more throughout the day. I hope you find what works for you!

Another thing my dietitian said is that if you're not eating enough throughout the day (I have no idea how much you eat through the day) your metabolism will basically crash. I can say that I've noticed a complete difference with eating more during the day and not being as restrictive.
  • Deliva62
    Deliva62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with the nighttime munchies. Most of the time I'm not hungry just have developed a habit of eating at night. Lot's of good ideas in this community. Thank you!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Are you bored?
  • Deliva62
    Deliva62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have plenty to do. Think it's more frustration that I can't get to things I really want to do.
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am a night eater/snacker also . I have been doing better by choosing healthier options during the day, listening to my body and eating and drinking small portions. I am not depriving myself, just eating healthier. Less coffee, and I have been drinking herbal tea before bed. Wish everyone success!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    kafrantz wrote: »
    This so used to be my problem. I used to eat around 1200 calories a day while dieting, I would eat around 200-300 calories each for breakfast and lunch then eat like 700 calories for dinner. I always lost weight doing that but it would come right back because I was being too restrictive. I decided to see a dietitian, she has me doing 1500 calories for now. She also has me eating 3 meals that are around 400-500 a piece without snacks. I thought I would die without snacks but in reality I love it! My meals leave me satisfied and sometimes I will save myself a treat for dinner or after dinner but I don't snack during the day.

My point of this long post is that perhaps you could try upping your calories, if you're able. Or eating more throughout the day. I hope you find what works for you!

Another thing my dietitian said is that if you're not eating enough throughout the day (I have no idea how much you eat through the day) your metabolism will basically crash. I can say that I've noticed a complete difference with eating more during the day and not being as restrictive.

No it won't, don't worry!