How to get 92lbs to 115lbs ASAP?

Options
I'm about 92lbs and 5'5. Very lengthy and long thin legs. I'm having a hard time trying to gain muscle and weight in my legs, thighs, butt, and hips. Any help? I don't eat gluten, peanuts, soy, or corn. I try not to eat a lot of yeast either, so it's been hard trying to gain weight Any exercise tips or good tips would help. Thanks

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, cheese, whole milk and avocados
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If you are not Vegan/Vegetarian, then some Beef, Fish, like Salmon or any other food with lots of Protein and a limited amount of Fat. Also try to just go for Walks and limit Cardio type exercise in between weight/resistance training.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can gain fat very quickly but if you want muscle gains that will take some time. Woman can only gain about a 1lb a month. Most will slow bulk at 250 calories above maintenance with protein around .8g per lb of mass. You can bump it to 10% above maintenance or even 500 calories over if weight is a bigger concern.

For lower body focus look at a lifting program like strong curves.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Muscle building takes lifting a weight that you can hardly lift 4 to 5 times so that you total can't lift any more. then wait five min and do it. Do 3 bouts. Do this every other day. It takes months of doing this to gain muscle mass. Eat plenty of protein.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    You can gain fat very quickly but if you want muscle gains that will take some time. Woman can only gain about a 1lb a month. Most will slow bulk at 250 calories above maintenance with protein around .8g per lb of mass. You can bump it to 10% above maintenance or even 500 calories over if weight is a bigger concern.

For lower body focus look at a lifting program like strong curves.

Agree...but at 5'5 and 92 lbs, I would be more concerned about putting on weight overall and (at least initially) not concerning myself too much whether it was fat or muscle.
    Muscle building takes lifting a weight that you can hardly lift 4 to 5 times so that you total can't lift any more. then wait five min and do it. Do 3 bouts. Do this every other day. It takes months of doing this to gain muscle mass. Eat plenty of protein.

That's not correct - that type of program would encourage strength over muscle growth. Actual mass growth is achieved through a combination of diet (specifically a caloric surplus) and a progressive lifting routine focused on hypertrophy. This is achieved using moderately heavy resistance (50-75% of 1 rep max) for 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps each.
  • rebeccaemilysmith87
    Options
    Lots of protein. I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm lactose intolerant, so milk and stuff is off my list. Good fats as well, like avocado and nuts are also helpful!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    get into a 250 calorie surplus and get on a structured lifting program like strong lifts or strong curves. Don't be afraid of calorie dense foods like ice cream, cookies, bagels, etc; just make sure that you hit macros and get adequate nutrition.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    You can work on lower body lifting to add muscle to those areas but fat distribution is going to be genetic but I would just start putting on weight any way you can since you are so low on body fat. You should be able to gain weight fairly quickly but first you have to understand why you are so low in body weight. Have you been logging your food and exercise? I would start there and if you have an ED then please make sure you seek medical attention for that. Also, are you avoiding those items listed for medical reasons or are do you have ideas about what is a healthy or clean food that these do not fall under?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lots of protein. I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm lactose intolerant, so milk and stuff is off my list. Good fats as well, like avocado and nuts are also helpful!

You don't actually need lots of protein. For the OP, 70-90g would be more than enough (Generally, aiming for .8g per lb of weight is enough).
  • acf173
    acf173 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I was recommended to do was eat a varied diet. I used to be super picky and couldn't handle a lot of greasy foods, but I started to limit fruits and vegetables and eat whatever I want to gain the weight. That was the only thing that worked for me (gained 10 pounds in 2 years, compared to 5 pounds in 4 years).
    Also, I had to stop exercising as much (I am naturally physically active through walking so daily gym sessions weren't helping. Whoops!) and had to change what I ate after every workout.
    I had to eat a large, heavy breakfast which I hated but definitely helped.

Only problem? Now I am used to eating exactly what I want even though I shouldn't. I would say avoid that tip but the rest really do help. Particularly the varied diet, less exercise, and heavy breakfast. Going back to more exercise, light breakfast, and more fruit and vegetable based diet has been really easy, but having to control what I eat has been difficult.

Good luck!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Increase YOUR HEALTHY FATS!