What is your gym horror/embarrassing story?

I am starting this thread to share a bad experience with the gym and to hear others' stories just so I feel a tad bit less embarrassed haha. So here it goes:

I am still a newbie in the gym and sometimes I do thumb things. I had just finished a mixxed fit class and decided to go downstairs and walk on the stair stepper. I had a good pace going and was totally relaxed. Then my stupid shoe untied, and instead of getting off the machine to tie it, I figured I could hurry and do it while still being on the stepper. Sure enough I lost my balance (even though it was going slow haha) and busted my face with a massive face plant. Only I could make something look so tragic. I ended up with a bloody nose and everyone just stared. I felt so gross, and was so embarrassed. I ended up leaving due to that and probably will not go in the cardio room for awhile haha

Replies

• motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Walking into yoga class letting out a long nasty loud fart
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    I work out at home, with PowerBlocks that are an odd shape. A number of times I've been feeling badass, only to painfully nail my leg with the corner of the weights. Not as embarrassing as doing it in a gym full of people, but still leaves me feeling like a tool, lol.

These things are good though, they keep us humble!
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Just sweating in the crotchal region so much it looks like I peed my pants
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    The first time I tried to use the squat machine in my gym, I didn't know how to release the weights and I got stuck in it. I literally had to crawl out of it.