Any medical people here, doctors, nurses, other who want to form a group and support each other?

Options

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    RNMH here *waves* would be great to have some support :)
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Medical Assistant working on the pre-reqs for PA school and hoping to apply in the next 2-3 years. I've already lost 70lbs with CICO and have 50 to go.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm a Labor and Delivery nurse - 28 years of that, coming up on 30 years as an RN. Work 12 hour nights. I've been morbidly obese for about 20 years, started here 1105 days ago and am currently down 109.6 lbs. With a few more pounds I'll be in a "normal" range which boggles my mind. Eating at work is always an adventure, I bring my own food, our cafeteria closes at 9PM, but there's a 24 hour Starbucks. Coworkers can be a problem, it doesn't take much to have them want to all bring food in for a potluck. Saw the link to the group and joined.
  • sweeti738
    sweeti738 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    RN here needing to be healthy for MYSELF! Feel free to add me! :)
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who joined the new group. Invites sent to everyone who posts here. Thanks to Dr. Nicole (provon) for the great idea! Up to 28 members so far. :)
  • stazed657
    stazed657 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ortho reg with another 15-20lb to go, we can do this!
  • robinalexis
    robinalexis Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Jus85coy07pwi0z.jpeg
    Just below our chart rack in the nurses station. I have to smell it every time I get a chart!
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow we never have that kinda spread... I guess I should be grateful, that would be hard to walk pass.
  • dawnnicole85
    dawnnicole85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am currently just a student, I am in the physical therapist assistant program right now. But I also have the same feelings, if I want my (future) patients to be healthy, I need to set a good example as well! Feel free to add me I would love the extra support!
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'd like an invite! Peds Medical Assistant working toward a bachelors in public health and then on to PA or Med School. Need to lose about 90#, also turning 30 this year so....tick tock
  • NurseSassy76
    NurseSassy76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Is this a group? How do I add...former labor nurse now family practice..would love support! Feel free to add me
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oncology nurse here and we have more food in our building than a grocery store. We all stress eat I thing. I am up for a support group and I want to drop about 25 pounds or so.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Someone the OP perhaps needs to go to groups and form one.
  • shenabena
    shenabena Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse as well. Went from
    217 to 144lbs. I actually worked in a women n men's clinic. We specialized male and female hormone imbalance. Hormones can make huge difference in weight loss and gain.
  • Kmcginn13
    Kmcginn13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    RN 8 years, Er, Psych, Cardiac, Community health background. Looking to loose about 30. My downfall is snacking on night shift and being too tired to work out during the day.
  • lariel2005
    lariel2005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Female dentist with a sitting-still kind of Job :/
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Love how this group is coming together. Invites sent to all new posters. Anyone else who wants to join please check out this link... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111029-heal-thyself-health-care-professionals
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Medical technologist here. I don't have as much patient contact as all you nurses, but I do understand the problems with eating when on the off shifts. It messes with your sleep too, which adds to unhealthy lifestyle and overeating. It is always a problem for me when I get home at 2am and am hungry! Only MFP has helped me because it helps me to plan ahead for meals and also leave calories for after work so I don't go to bed hungry.
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm a med student! Was always really active until a couple of years ago when I gave up my extracurriculars to study and get into med school. Now i'm in I want to get healthy again :)
  • kaassiia
    kaassiia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How do we join? Accelerated BSN Nursing student here!