Lost 50 lbs in 3 months

Options
lnrussell195
lnrussell195 Posts: 33 Member
edited January 2016 in Success Stories
I went from 2x to size small. First I juiced. No yogurt, just ice,veggies, and fruit. ex: wheat grass, spinach, Apple. Replace 2 meals a day. Meals are veggies and lean meats. My favorite is blackened chicken breast. I swam, ran, and lots of biking. I biked marathons once a week. I did yoga (by myself). Do not eat butter. Do not eat bread. Eat lots of veggies, avacado,nuts,eggs and red potatoes replaced croutons in salads. Use oil and vinegar or make your own dressing. Weight loss was fun. I went from fattest at the gym to being able to out bike anyone. I ran next to the fittest guy there and kept up. You can do it.

Replies

• BalvinderSingh
    BalvinderSingh Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am gonna kill it in the gym tomorrow after reading your post. Well done!
    1. How many calories you're consuming per day?
    2. How many hours of total workout everyday?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Not to steal your thunder, but most of what you did was unnecessary. You don't have to give up any foods or types of foods to lose weight, or be healthy. Lean meats and veggies are great, and should probably make up most of a person's diet, but anything in moderation, while maintaining a calorie deficit, is fine.
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    I worked out about 2 hours every day. 2 days off. I also tried to live a more active lifestyle. I had sooooo much energy!! I never got tired just wanted to keep going. I began to hate the taste of junk food too.
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    I did not count calories at all!!
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    I eat like that now to maintain weight. However went from 2x to small in 3 months. It was necessary.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I eat like that now to maintain weight. However went from 2x to small in 3 months. It was necessary.

That's super unhealthy.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wowee!! Well done. You know your own body best and you have to do what is right for you! Crack on...
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    Active lifestyle, and healthy eating is super unhealthy? I couldn't help I lost weight that fast. I'm in school to be a doctor. Nothing I did was wrong.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Do you have any new goals since you are at goal?
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    Yes new goal is bikini body! Also tone and tighten. I have lots of skin lol
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm sure you'll get there as motivated as you are!!
  • jennifer_417
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Active lifestyle, and healthy eating is super unhealthy? I couldn't help I lost weight that fast. I'm in school to be a doctor. Nothing I did was wrong.

To go from a 2X to a size small in 3 months, you would've had to have been vastly undereating. VLCDs (very low calorie diets) are not permitted to be promoted in these forums. You absolutely could help what how fast you lost by eating more, that was totally within your control.
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    Lady between surfing,running,swimming,marathons, soccer,yoga,weights and 2 jobs it comes off quick!! Especially at 19 years old. I would have had to eat the grand buffet to not loose so much. I had my 3 meals. I ate snacks too. I just replaced bad food with good. My body is very healthy thank you :)
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm in school to be a doctor.

That bit of personal information is relevant to the thread at hand how?

Best in maintaining two meal replacement juice based drinks and a one unknown macros meal a day from here on out to the day you die.

• traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think you did brilliantly, well done. I lost 42 pounds in 22 weeks a few years ago purely following the Atkins diet, so no carbs...and no exercise.
    I felt full of energy and better than i had for years. My calories seemed so low, i had so much negativity on here i gave up logging !!
    Ive put a stone back on now but im doing it again, exactly the same way, and more !!!
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    Good job! My parents went on an Adkin cruise. My mom ate pizza without the bread for a straight week and won the weightloss challenge. I bet your body feels awesome on Adkins too!! No aches and pains.
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It works well for me, i find it so easy and can if i want eat loads. You're right, i have terrible arthritis so have lots of aches and pains usually, but eating so much of the right stuff makes me feel so much better...and of course so does the weight loss, my poor achy knees :)
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    I'm in school to be a doctor.

That bit of personal information is relevant to the thread at hand how?

Best in maintaining two meal replacement juice based drinks and a one unknown macros meal a day from here on out to the day you die.

I know when a human body is healthy. Especially if it is my own. The juicing helped reduce cravings and gave me tons of minerals and vitamins I needed. I ate meals 1-2 times a day. Just no bread products or butter.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    At 19, you're not in training to be a Dr, and you won't be for several years. You don't have any special edge via that claim.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

which could have been avoided...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!