1 week change :/ big change

Options
From 10.8% to 13.7% body fat, From 77.5cm to 80cm waist, From 88.5cm to 90cm Hip, From 37cm to 36cm Neck, don't know why :/ I'm working out 5 times a week weight lifting. My calories intake sometimes hit my maintain and sometimes gets 200 above maintain because I'm building muscles.

But don't know why my body fat and and waist+hip increased :/

Is it normal or am i doing something wrong ?

My aim is to build muscles (lean body mass)

Replies

• PrincessLaiba
    PrincessLaiba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    maybe you are gaining muscle thats could be it or you are eating more than you think
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    It's most likely water weight. It's your body not being used to the surplus. Allow your body to adjust to the new levels of carbs and calories in general, and the bloat/ water retention should eventually decrease.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    It's most likely water weight. It's your body not being used to the surplus. Allow your body to adjust to the new levels of carbs and calories in general, and the bloat/ water retention should eventually decrease.

Yup, have to agree.
    Also, I'm guessing you are determining bf% with a scale or hanheld device. They are highly inaccurate, also because of the fluctuating amount of water in your body. A different reading is not at all surprising if you are retaining water.
  • AliMalek21
    AliMalek21 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »

Yup, have to agree.
    Also, I'm guessing you are determining bf% with a scale or hanheld device. They are highly inaccurate, also because of the fluctuating amount of water in your body. A different reading is not at all surprising if you are retaining water.

I'm using a measurement tape to measure my waist, hips and neck
  • shubham82
    shubham82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Its not your water weight, it is happening because you are in gaining phase and during gaining phase we use to eat high amount of carbs to increase our calorie intake which results increase in some percent of body fat. Try to increase your calories intake by protein and it will help you to maintain your body fat.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    AliMalek21 wrote: »
    AsISmile wrote: »

Yup, have to agree.

I'm using a measurement tape to measure my waist, hips and neck

There is no accurate way to measure body fat % with simply a measuring tape.

You're freaking out over nothing (ie - inaccurate data).
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    maybe you are gaining muscle thats could be it or you are eating more than you think

OMG I wish I could gain muscle that fast!!!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

OMG I wish I could gain muscle that fast!!!

Ha ha...yeah. Fat and muscles don't grow that fast. Sounds like water bloat, especially, if you've been loading on carbs. No worries.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

LOL nope.

Definitely water weight.
  • DialecticalBrain
    DialecticalBrain Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    could be water weight. Muscle doesn't grow that fast, at least not in significant amounts. Also muscle is lean even if it's bulky compared to fat. Fat takes up more space. Check your sodium intake that most likley is the culprit.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    shubham82 wrote: »
    Its not your water weight, it is happening because you are in gaining phase and during gaining phase we use to eat high amount of carbs to increase our calorie intake which results increase in some percent of body fat. Try to increase your calories intake by protein and it will help you to maintain your body fat.

Actually it can easily be water weight. Increase in carbs equals increase in water retention. 3 grams of water for every 1 gram carb. Also the possibility of more sodium due to more food in general
  • memo1974
    memo1974 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Did you poop today?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    is there a time frame here OP, or is this just in one day?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

1 week I guess?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

1 week I guess?

Whoops, should of read title...

My vote is water weight