Surgery = no gym for 6-8 weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from a broken ankle and torn ligaments so I can barely move. But I'm used to being active so I'm
    not as hungry.
  • titianknitter
    titianknitter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Be gentle with yourself and with your body. If a friend of yours had surgery and was worried about her weight during recovery, what would you tell her? You would tell her to take care of herself and put her recovery first.

If you start feeling cooped up, depressed, or anxious due to a lack of exercise, be sure to let your surgeon know, and ask for specific activities that are safe to do. With most doctors' offices you can call and talk to the nurse for free anytime during working hours to ask questions. I've had good luck with making it clear that I was depressed/anxious, and willing to cooperate with any restrictions they gave me in order to get back outdoors.

Good luck!
  • jennifermarie1981
    jennifermarie1981 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a partial hysterectomy. The absolute worry part is some times through the day I fee excellent. Like I could take on the world. But then I feel like sleeping for 40 hours
    Recovery/healing is a long hard process. I knew the time it would take but definitely didn't realize how hard it would be for me

Some days I just cry or get so frustrated that I'm angry. But some days I'm totally fine - it's quite odd and I'm hoping the next month goes a little better than the past few weeks.