NEED HELP, I got a Pressure cooker, NOW WHAT??????

Options
I was given an electric pressure cooker by my Mom, she loves her's but cooks and eats thing's I can't. I need your help with idea's, recipes and what not. We eat a lot of chicken, ground turkey, some steak and pork. If you all would be willing to send me some recipes so I can use my new gadget I would be very grateful. I also have a crock pot/slow cooker that I would love to use more often. Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me :} If you would like you can email me @: minimewanna-be@hotmail.com.
Thank you,
Katrina }!{

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    With a pressure cooker just be sure to read the instructions. Mine isn't electric, but I tend to use it for things like beans or tougher cuts of meat. The pressure speeds up the cooking time quite a bit.
  • dearbhail13
    Options
    You can cook dried beans really super fast in a pressure cooker, but I've heard that you may want to add seaweed to the pot to help with the enzyme that causes excess flatulence when eating beans. I don't know how true this statement is. Otherwise I would start with a basic google search for recipes. I've never cooked anything more than veggies (they get really soft) or beans in mine.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    AHHHHH IT'S A GODSEND. Seriously. Pop 2 pounds of chicken, 1 cup of water, and low sodium fajita seasoning in that baby and BAM. Mexican night for a week! Add on whole wheat tortillas or lettuce wraps =)