It's all about Love, NOH8. Ding Dong DOMA is death...

Options

Replies

• RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    i wish i had someone who was close to me that this would affect...so does anyone have any wonderful stories of the joy that this will bring to someone?
    one of my teachers is officiating a gay wedding in 2 weeks
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    i wish i had someone who was close to me that this would affect...so does anyone have any wonderful stories of the joy that this will bring to someone?

My nephew is marrying his boyfriend in Baltimore in September. They're happy, as they should be.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    NOT what this site is for.........

You're wrong guy.
    This is the Chit-Chat section.... off topic conversation.
    If you don't like it simply do not participate.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

yes! My uncle and his husband came back to the United States last night after 1149 days in Tunisia. They did not think they were going to be allowed to move here, because his husband could not get a green card. But, now, because of this, the trip turned into a permanent move and they could not be happier!

wow i was expecting a good story or two but nothing like that...thats very heart warming. :)
  • RodSuarez
    Options

yes! My uncle and his husband came back to the United States last night after 1149 days in Tunisia. They did not think they were going to be allowed to move here, because his husband could not get a green card. But, now, because of this, the trip turned into a permanent move and they could not be happier!
    amazing! so happy for them!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

fantastic...i cant imagine what it must be like to go from not having that right to having that right. i bet the reception will be blast. :)
  • RodSuarez
    Options

My nephew is marrying his boyfriend in Baltimore in September. They're happy, as they should be.
    congratulations to them! and suddenly I need the urge to listen to the cast recording of Hairspray [it is set in Baltimore]
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

amazing! so happy for them!

they celebrated as soon as my mom picked them up from the airport. What an awesome homecoming!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Yay Maryland! (my home state) i hope they server crab cakes. :) very happy for your nephew.
  • Stump_Likker
    Options

congratulations to them! and suddenly I need the urge to listen to the cast recording of Hairspray [it is set in Baltimore]

Great movie.
  • RodSuarez
    Options

fantastic...i cant imagine what it must be like to go from not having that right to having that right. i bet the reception will be blast. :)
    as someone said, people who don't support equal rights should hire an straight wedding planner, now picture a gay wedding planner planning a gay wedding it is going to be fabulouse with rainbows all over the place and magic and unicorns
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    The state I live in, Indiana, is moving forward with a constitutional ban, and it will pass. There's still a very long road left to travel before equality of any kind is a reality in the States. :-\ But the victories yesterday were very welcomed. :-)
    your state is traying to ban equal rights? =( come on! the name of the state is Indiana and Indiana Jones is pretty gay...
  • carriepbm
    carriepbm Posts: 61 Member
    Options

ETA: They married in Canada before they moved back to Tunisia.

Congrats to them and their new life in the States. I hope the time comes when everyone achieves the same rights.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    arent states allowed to set their drinking laws at any age they want but if its under 21 they lose highway funding? lets just include same sex marriage in that and if they dont allow it they lose those funds.
  • Stump_Likker
    Options
    On the Jay Thomas show tomorrow they are going to have a gay wedding in a house across from the Westboro Baptist church. I can't wait to listen to it!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    On the Jay Thomas show tomorrow they are going to have a gay wedding in a house across from the Westboro Baptist church. I can't wait to listen to it!

love it...as nation we should just direct all our hate at them.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Well, it's great for the people that live in states where it's legal, but there's still a looooong way to go before it's legal in every state.
  • RodSuarez
    Options

why? we should not focus hate to anybody, we should focus love to everybody, the problem with Westboro Baptist Church is they don't know love.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

ETA: They married in Canada before they moved back to Tunisia.

Congrats to them and their new life in the States. I hope the time comes when everyone achieves the same rights.

my uncle is from California. His husband is from Tunisia. He moved to be with his husband, but now they can be here. Yay! Thank you!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

why? we should focus hate to anybody, we should focus love to everybody, the problem with Westboro Baptist Church is they don't know love.

you are absolutely right. but my lizard brain makes me want to punch them when i see them act the way they do.
This discussion has been closed.