Bluetooth earbuds

Options
2»

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I just got the Plantronics Backbeat Fit. I'll use them for the first time tonight but I love the fit of them so far.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I'm at work now and can't remember the brand of my earbuds. The problem I have is that I can't put my phone in my pants pocket, because the bluetooth won't work unless the device is above the waist. I'm curious to know if this is true for all bluetooth earbuds, or just the particular kind I happen to have?

Specific to your earbuds. Some have issues like this, especially if there is something physically in between them. My old earbuds (which I loved) had some early models that had issues when the phone was on the back of the body vs. the front of the body (mine didn't but their developers told me it was an issue initially for some units - they were deemed defective)

• gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    omma_to_3 wrote: »
    I just got the Plantronics Backbeat Fit. I'll use them for the first time tonight but I love the fit of them so far.

I got a set of those on boxing day and can't stand them now (they don't stay in deep enough and no adjustable ear pieces). The actual connection and sound is good if I was wearing a headband or running hat though. If they fit your ears they will be great.

I just ordered the Mpow Cheetahs as mentioned above - if they don't work out I'll try the next cheap set (Swifts).
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    gdyment wrote: »

I got a set of those on boxing day and can't stand them now (they don't stay in deep enough and no adjustable ear pieces). The actual connection and sound is good if I was wearing a headband or running hat though. If they fit your ears they will be great.

I just ordered the Mpow Cheetahs as mentioned above - if they don't work out I'll try the next cheap set (Swifts).

As long as I have them hooked around my ears they were fine. I did see an online "hack" of sorts that someone fit their Yurbuds covers on them. I do love the Yurbuds covers.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    If you actually care about audio Jaybirds are pretty great. I like SMS Audio Sport wireless headphones. They are on ear, but they are designed for sweat.
  • gdyment
    edited January 2016
    Options
    josephka wrote: »
    I use Mpow Cheetahs which you can buy for about $25. Work great, long lasting battery, and they stay on. I'd highly recommend them.

I returned the plantronics and got these and they are outstanding. I tried all 3 ear sizes and the largest one seals the best without actually being jammed in. Haven't tried on the treadmill yet but for 25 bucks I'm thrilled. The wire does touch your head (where the plantronics was stiff enough to not touch) but we'll see if that becomes annoying or not.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    I use Mpow Cheetahs which you can buy for about $25. Work great, long lasting battery, and they stay on. I'd highly recommend them.

I returned the plantronics and got these and they are outstanding. I tried all 3 ear sizes and the largest one seals the best without actually being jammed in. Haven't tried on the treadmill yet but for 25 bucks I'm thrilled. The wire does touch your head (where the plantronics was stiff enough to not touch) but we'll see if that becomes annoying or not.

Glad you found something you like. I'm very surprised about your comment though that the plantronics were stiff. Did you have the Fit model? Mine aren't stiff at all. They're basically like a rubber shoe lace.

• DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've had LG before that were good. Just got jaybirds sound and battery are great but the fit doesn't work very well for me. I have small ears and even their smallest falls out all the time.
  • 82nome
    82nome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been happy with the Jaybird X2's. Search for the best price.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I got a cheapie set on ebay for about ten bucks and they're great! I haven't tested distance but i only use them on my treadmill with my tablet right in front of me. I only got them because I was constantly hitting the earbud wires whit my arm and either yanking them out of my ears or completely yanking my tablet off the shelf of my treadmill. I have to wonder why I waited so long to get a pair.

Mine are cheap and I don't believe they even have a brand, but the battery lasts a good 4-5 hours and for what I use them for, they're perfect.
  • gdyment
    Options

Glad you found something you like. I'm very surprised about your comment though that the plantronics were stiff. Did you have the Fit model? Mine aren't stiff at all. They're basically like a rubber shoe lace.

By stiff I mean the cord that links the earpieces has enough tension that it sits just off your head like a reverse visor (doesn't touch you anywhere except ears). The Cheetahs are coiled enough that the band touches you on the back of the head.
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought Cootrees off of Amazon. maybe $23? I rarely have to charge them and they do what I wanted then to do.
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    I use a Sony SBH20. Its a tiny Bluetooth receiver into which you can plug any headphones you like. I use the iPod earphones....cheap but the quality is great.

Works great! Range is pretty good too!

Shaun
  • rattiemomma
    rattiemomma Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I got the Jarv Pure Fit Sport ones for $20 on Black Friday. I haven't used them too much, yet, but so far so good! They are supposed to be sweat-proof and water-resistant and they have the magnets so you can just wear them around your neck when you aren't listening. I haven't tried it for making/taking calls, but it claims to work for that, too.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    lbctfs wrote: »
    I've had LG before that were good. Just got jaybirds sound and battery are great but the fit doesn't work very well for me. I have small ears and even their smallest falls out all the time.

Did you get the Comply Foam tips with them? I heard they were going to ship with new headphones. If not, check these out: http://www.complyfoam.com/bluebuds-x/
  • nursethis
    nursethis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LG Tone Pro 750. Don't get them from Amazon, you'll end up with China knock offs. We found better sound quality with the ones bought at the Sprint store or Best Buy
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I should get a pair of wireless earbuds.. I wear the big *kitten* beats on my ears.. but I love the sound.