• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    They stink!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I eat eggs pretty much every day. If you're worried about dietary cholesterol, don't be...the FDA is in process of eliminating dietary cholesterol as a concern on nutritional labels due to the fact that it isn't a concern...dietary cholesterol has little to no bearing on blood serum levels. Beyond that, the yolks are packed with nutrition...no biggie to bulk up your portions with some egg whites, but don't skip the yolks...that's where the actual nutrition is.

The bolded section is true for the majority, but not for all. If you are eating a lot of eggs it would be wise to have regular lipid screenings to make sure you are not one of the minority for whom dietary cholesterol has a significant affect on blood cholesterol.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 2 eggs for breakfast every day for almost a year. You're fine.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    God I love eggs.
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone ☺️
  • gardenbird
    gardenbird Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I LOVE eggs! Over medium, scrambled, hard boiled you name it! I always start my day with a hot breakfast. I alternate with either oatmeal with ground flax seed and blueberries in it with milk little salt and half tbsp. butter. Or I will have eggs and toast. Been having a hot breakfast like that for decades! And I don't have high cholesterol or high blood pressure. :smiley:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I noticed when I was checking my blood sugar that an egg in the morning, that terrific shot of protein, kept my blood sugars super stable all day. Eggs are great.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Eat them every day if you wish. As long as they don't cause you to go over your calories, you'll lose weight.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    I think you got an answer. Lol.. B)
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks and yup got an answer :)
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I eat 4-8 egg whites a day :-)
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ah! I had this very conversation with my diet class leader 20 years ago! Her answer was, don't worry about the eggs, but I bet you never questioned the cholesterol in a mars bar!! Food for thought lol!