Shakeology

Options
usmc01462
usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
Decided to give this a try..Today is day 1. Anyone else on this or have done this?

Replies

• usmc01462
    Options
    I'm At work so I will be in and out of this site throughout the day
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Is this something you can buy at a store like walmart at a really good price? Or something off the internet?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It is generally considered a scam. You would be better off buying a high quality protein powder and a multivitamin.
  • usmc01462
    Options
    I already bought it. I do have a few friends (bodybuilders) that said it seems to work. I will know in 28 days.. The only drink I usually do is egg whites + almond milk + 2 tsps of sugar free pudding mix. I usually stay away from the Powders but I have heard a lot about this will see in 30 days.

And along with that I will be doing 2-3 atkins low carb meals. I have the size I want now its the cutting without the use of supplements.

And Hornsby you look good brother...38 years old hats off to you...Most guys our age have given up

I have used supplements years n years ago..(superdrol,halderol, and so on) and it nearly killed me twice I know have a blood clotting issue. SO for that im on blood thinners for life. at age 40 I ended up with diabetes and I ate very healthy..What I did realize is that I was taking in way to much Protein cause according to the muscle mags 1.5 - 2.5 grams of protein per lb..and 270 do the math..I was doing between 400-500 grams per day. Not realizing excess protein turn to sugar which gets stored as fat...and so.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I have known a few people that drink Shakeology. Only one that has done it long term. He has a shake for breakfast and uses some type of recovery shake after the gym. I've never tried it myself though because it would just be less calories I get to eat. I really like to eat.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Is this something you can buy at a store like walmart at a really good price? Or something off the internet?

shakeology is by Beach Body, the same sharks who will ask you to sell your kidney to rip off family members and close friends.

IMO. Scam, waste of time, money, and ridiculous.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    usmc01462 wrote: »
    I already bought it. I do have a few friends (bodybuilders) that said it seems to work. I will know in 28 days.. The only drink I usually do is egg whites + almond milk + 2 tsps of sugar free pudding mix. I usually stay away from the Powders but I have heard a lot about this will see in 30 days.

And along with that I will be doing 2-3 atkins low carb meals. I have the size I want now its the cutting without the use of supplements.

And Hornsby you look good brother...38 years old hats off to you...Most guys our age have given up

I have used supplements years n years ago..(superdrol,halderol, and so on) and it nearly killed me twice I know have a blood clotting issue. SO for that im on blood thinners for life. at age 40 I ended up with diabetes and I ate very healthy..What I did realize is that I was taking in way to much Protein cause according to the muscle mags 1.5 - 2.5 grams of protein per lb..and 270 do the math..I was doing between 400-500 grams per day. Not realizing excess protein turn to sugar which gets stored as fat...and so.

Of course it will work if it creates a calorie deficit for you. There is nothing special about Shakeology. That's all I'm saying. It is just a glorified protein shake and then use a bunch of woo to sell it to people. Will it work? Yes, if you create a calorie deficit with it. It is just a nutritional supplement which is why I said it you can bet better quality whey protein and a multivitamin and provide the exact, if not better benefits to your body without needing to purchase a shake set up on a pyramid scheme sold by "coaches" with 0 qualifications as well as save money while doing so.

Not sure why you threw in steroids into the "supplement" category as that's not what they are but yea, no need to overdo it on protein. 1gr per lb of lean body mass is plenty in 99% of the cases. And to be clear about one thing, excess CALORIES (whether protein, fat or carbs) get stored as fat, not just protein.

And most of all, thanks for the compliment. It's been a hard, fun road to get here.