Postpartum weight loss

Options
Hi guys,

I'm starting back on the journey to weight loss after my fifth child. She's 3.5 months and im still nursing her. I have about 36 lbs to lose ugh. Anyone in a similar situation?

Replies

• DCS1979
    DCS1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in the process of losing the baby weight following my second child. Had about the same amount as you. Down about 24 lb. so far. It's not easy finding time to exercise (can't imagine with 5!) but I now see the gym as "me time" and I'm really enjoying it. Good luck!
  • monika_loses_it
    monika_loses_it Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie,

Congratulations on the birth of your little one! Losing weight after a baby is challenging, but even more so when you're looking after 5 kids. That's amazing.

I just had my first baby, a boy, last June, and am looking to lose about 60 pounds - some of that was baby, some of it was pre-baby weight that I didn't lose before getting pregnant. Have been working out 5x per week for the last two months, but haven't seen the type of loss I'm looking for, so these next months will be all about tuning up my diet and making sure I'm eating super-clean so my gym time isn't negated by poor food choices.

Good luck to you!

• helenatienza2009
    helenatienza2009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody
    I had my first baby, a girl, 2 months ago, I need to loose a minimum of 45 lbs. What kind of eork out are you guys doing or planning to do? I am exclusively breasfeeding and any inpact exercise ( running, jumping etc) hurts. Any suggestions ?
  • annied000
    annied000 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    DCS1979 wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm in the process of losing the baby weight following my second child. Had about the same amount as you. Down about 24 lb. so far. It's not easy finding time to exercise (can't imagine with 5!) but I now see the gym as "me time" and I'm really enjoying it. Good luck!

Congrats on the 24 lbs!!! I have a gym membership but it's pretty much impossible for me to get to the gym these days. I'm going to try to give some home exercises a shot!
  • annied000
    Options
    Hi Annie,

Congratulations on the birth of your little one! Losing weight after a baby is challenging, but even more so when you're looking after 5 kids. That's amazing.

I just had my first baby, a boy, last June, and am looking to lose about 60 pounds - some of that was baby, some of it was pre-baby weight that I didn't lose before getting pregnant. Have been working out 5x per week for the last two months, but haven't seen the type of loss I'm looking for, so these next months will be all about tuning up my diet and making sure I'm eating super-clean so my gym time isn't negated by poor food choices.

Good luck to you!

Congrats to you on your son :) I have 4 boys... They are a lot of fun but seem to have endless energy lol My baby girl seems so much quieter already ha ha

I wish I had some advice to give you on weight loss but I'm in the same boat. What is the eat board to post on here? Weight loss board?
  • annied000
    Options
    Hi everybody
    I had my first baby, a girl, 2 months ago, I need to loose a minimum of 45 lbs. What kind of eork out are you guys doing or planning to do? I am exclusively breasfeeding and any inpact exercise ( running, jumping etc) hurts. Any suggestions ?

Hi and congrats on your baby girl. I had my first girl after 4 boys... She's the sweetest! I am also exclusively breastfeeding and am interested in tips from fellow moms.

• shainafay
    shainafay Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm only 3 weeks postpartum with my first little baby girl but I'm already under my prepregnancy weight. I still have at least 30 pounds to go (60 to be healthy bmi) so I'm hoping to keep the momentum going! Stroller walking daily is my first goal. Feel free to add me!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie,

Good luck to you!

That sounds like me too. I have 40-60 to loose. Work out daily, sometimes twice. Lost 3 in December and 4 in November... It feels slow.

But this month I'm going to clean up my food and try not to undo all my gym time.

I had 3 back to back bed rest pregnancies...a 3 y/o, 18 month and 6 month old.

Good luck!
  • colemantiffany1992
    Options
    I had my 2nd little girl on Oct 23rd 2015 (first is currently not living with me due to I was a teenager whom needed help but she's 4 now)
    I am 187lbs and want to get down to 130 lbs asap
    I'm new to this app (just found it today Jan 4th 2016) figured I'd give it a shot
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs while breastfeeding without any impact to my supply... that said, I took it VERY slow and started when he was 9 months old. It took about 8 months. Baby comes first, then body. :)
  • Clovermoth
    Clovermoth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey! My baby is just about to turn four months! I am a SAHM of four kids. My oldest turning nine soon. I had about 49 pds to lose after baby and have managed to lose 34 of those! I am also breastfeeding but will be done in one to two months. I have also logged in 112 days! Feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get and I love to help motivate others. Don't think of weightloss as a struggle, think of it as an adventure!
  • nikkchikk1
    nikkchikk1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar situation. I have 6 kids (8, 6, 4, 3, 1, 1). My babies are now 15 months though and I am no longer breastfeeding. I started getting healthier in March when they were 6 months. My biggest tips are figuring out a schedule that works for you (I had to get up at 6am to get a workout in at home before kids were up or during nap time), eat healthy (good for you and baby), and be consistent. I am not one of the lucky moms that loses weight while nursing, I tend to gain. I started with youtube videos and found 30DS and love it. I lost 54lbs and then gained 4 back over the holidays. I still have 20-40 to go. Also, something I wish I was better at, drink lots of water. It will help with your weight loss and milk supply.
  • Vonstar125
    Vonstar125 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Yes I've at best 28lbs to lose but my first goal is 14 then 21 then 28lbs! I had my 2nd baby 12 weeks ago and I'm ready to make some changes to my diet and get moving again. I'm breastfeeding and I'd like to continue so Im going carefully about taking my time as I don't want to harm my supply. Anyway today was day one and I feel my energy levels are good & that's after one day of eating heathy so motivation is high roll on tomorrow
  • annied000
    Options
    shainafay wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm only 3 weeks postpartum with my first little baby girl but I'm already under my prepregnancy weight. I still have at least 30 pounds to go (60 to be healthy bmi) so I'm hoping to keep the momentum going! Stroller walking daily is my first goal. Feel free to add me!

I'm new to this... How do you add someone?
  • annied000
    Options
    I had my 2nd little girl on Oct 23rd 2015 (first is currently not living with me due to I was a teenager whom needed help but she's 4 now)
    I am 187lbs and want to get down to 130 lbs asap
    I'm new to this app (just found it today Jan 4th 2016) figured I'd give it a shot

I'm new to the community feature of this app but have used it before to track calories. I'm hoping for a bit of support with the community feature for my weight loss journey this time around.

• annied000
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    I lost 40 lbs while breastfeeding without any impact to my supply... that said, I took it VERY slow and started when he was 9 months old. It took about 8 months. Baby comes first, then body. :)

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not going to necessarily cut down on what I eat, but change the types of food. I'm a big fan of soda and sweets and I'd like to cut that out. Also, I feel like I need to get more exercise to be healthy. Weight loss will be a byproduct of getting back healthy.

• annied000
    Options
    Clovermoth wrote: »
    Hey! My baby is just about to turn four months! I am a SAHM of four kids. My oldest turning nine soon. I had about 49 pds to lose after baby and have managed to lose 34 of those! I am also breastfeeding but will be done in one to two months. I have also logged in 112 days! Feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get and I love to help motivate others. Don't think of weightloss as a struggle, think of it as an adventure!

That's awesome! Congrats on the weight loss. My oldest is 8. I also have a 6y/o, 4y/o, 3y/o and 3.5 month old.
  • annied000
    Options
    nikkchikk1 wrote: »
    I was in a similar situation. I have 6 kids (8, 6, 4, 3, 1, 1). My babies are now 15 months though and I am no longer breastfeeding. I started getting healthier in March when they were 6 months. My biggest tips are figuring out a schedule that works for you (I had to get up at 6am to get a workout in at home before kids were up or during nap time), eat healthy (good for you and baby), and be consistent. I am not one of the lucky moms that loses weight while nursing, I tend to gain. I started with youtube videos and found 30DS and love it. I lost 54lbs and then gained 4 back over the holidays. I still have 20-40 to go. Also, something I wish I was better at, drink lots of water. It will help with your weight loss and milk supply.

Thanks for the tips. I think I need to implement an at home routine in the early morning. It's just so hard to get up lol
  • annied000
    Options
    Vonstar125 wrote: »
    Hi there! Yes I've at best 28lbs to lose but my first goal is 14 then 21 then 28lbs! I had my 2nd baby 12 weeks ago and I'm ready to make some changes to my diet and get moving again. I'm breastfeeding and I'd like to continue so Im going carefully about taking my time as I don't want to harm my supply. Anyway today was day one and I feel my energy levels are good & that's after one day of eating heathy so motivation is high roll on tomorrow

Congrats on your baby. I just had my fifth baby on sept. 19th. I'm just starting the weight loss journey too... Good luck!!
  • crystalpoo22
    crystalpoo22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    annied000 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm starting back on the journey to weight loss after my fifth child. She's 3.5 months and im still nursing her. I have about 36 lbs to lose ugh. Anyone in a similar situation?

Hi Annie!! Congratulations on your new bub!! I had my first in June and have about 20lbs to go! I'll add you :)