Lost my motivation

jessica22222
jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hey!
So back in October I started to run, 30 day shred and strong curves program. I practically did something every day. I loved it and was enjoying the results I was achieving although it is a slower process than I like

Dec 1st I did nothing! No exercise and put on 5lbs over the holiday. I dunno what happened but I turned from super active and dedicated to lazy couch bum. How do I did that spark again?

Replies

• jessica22222
    edited January 2016
    Whoops cut off,
    Dec 1st I did nothing! No exercise and put on 5lbs over the holiday. I dunno what happened but I turned from super active and dedicated to lazy couch bum. How do I did that spark again?
  • lisaloses36
    lisaloses36 Posts: 6 Member
    I think the 5lb weight gain would be my spark :smiley:
  • jessica22222
    I think the 5lb weight gain would be my spark :smiley:

Definitley got me back on mfp!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    I have found that once I get in the habit of logging food and staying under calories, it is much easier to do. In fact, I start to look forward to stepping on the scale and seeing it drop, that is what keeps me sticking to the limits. It is so hard to force yourself to do it because we are used to eating whatever we want. Try it for three days and you will find it much easier after that!
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Well you've made the choice to get back on mfp, so you're already on the right track! And getting back on track at 5lbs is better than waiting till 10lbs!

Set some new goals and challenges and just get started. :)
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    I am not sure why you were doing so much... Maybe you were doing too much and burnt out?

A lot of people gain some weight during the holidays; no reason to panic. Just pick up and start logging again. Now even if you don't want exercise you should still be able to lose weight if you control your intake