Change activity level - injury...

Options
Happy New Year! So I have been doing quite well as I got back to MFP. I picked up my running and I am almost at the level I was prior to falling off the wagon.
Here is my problem: JUST this morning... I threw my back out. I work primarily at a desk and I am crying in pain as I write this. I'm so frustrated I could cry as well.
So... I have my activity level set to "slightly active". I have a desk job from about 7:30-3:00. After that, I am running around with 2 active boys and exercising several times a week.
Should I change to "sedentary" until I am healed of my back issues? This will put me back at 1200 calories (which I find very difficult!) I will try to do that anyway, but I wanted to get some advice. I am currently 5'4 and 145 pounds.

Replies

• adriemne31
    adriemne31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would change it. You know your body and if there is s day you require more than 1200 then go ice but with snarf choices , like vegetables and fruit .
    Sorry your in pain . Let your body heal .
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    My advice: Change your goals to Sedentary as well as maintain weight. Your body needs the extra calories to heal.

A maintenance break can be a good thing. Embrace it, and get well soon.

~Lyssa
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I would change it to sedentary.
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I changed it. I figure it is the best option so I do not fail again. I can't wait to get home from work to ice it!