Number of days logged in

Options
My MFP says I've logged in 7 days in a row, but it's only been 2. I know that for sure. A week or so ago it said I had logged in 5 days in a row when I had only logged in 1 day. Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• beth0277
    beth0277 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It counts any day you visit the website as a log in day, whether you log food in your diary or not. Could that be it?

Nope. I haven't logged in at all. It's the weirdest thing. I keep getting emails that people like my status that I've logged in for so many days but I haven't.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Mine did this for a while, giving me credit when I didn't log. It never used to. Do you have a fitness tracker synced? I can't be sure, but I suspect that when my fitbit syncs with MFP it may give me credit because it accesses my account. But it never used to do that so I can't be sure.
  • daizirose
    daizirose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How did you resolve this? I've had this happen several times. 35 days this time!!! It's not me lol. I would like to get back on track but it's not accurate. I did a counter reset...advice from another search. If you miss a day it should automatically reset. I use android app on my phone, iPad and also use the app is on my desktop computer.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Some phones will auto log in to the app. Mine does it with MFP and twitter
  • temazur
    temazur Posts: 76 Member
    Options

That is what I was thinking. I think the app registers as logged in when it's still running. I've had a few days I know I logged in late and entered food, but it still counted it as a streak.

It doesn't bother me that it automatically happened. It guilted me to get in there and make sure food got entered for the day, then be better about consistency of use in the future.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    temazur wrote: »

That is what I was thinking. I think the app registers as logged in when it's still running. I've had a few days I know I logged in late and entered food, but it still counted it as a streak.

It doesn't bother me that it automatically happened. It guilted me to get in there and make sure food got entered for the day, then be better about consistency of use in the future.

Also, MFP had some major issues in late December 2015 that were not fully fixed until early January 2016. I noticed after those fixes, there seemed to be a grace period (maybe an additional 24 hours or so? not sure) beyond midnight before the login streak was reset to zero.
  • joanm167
    joanm167 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

My fitness pal says I’m logged in for 35dsys in a row and I have not! Could I b hacked

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

its likely if you are logged in on your phone (have the app open on your phone or other device and dont realize it) it is still tabulating days.

mine will log me in for the day hours before i actually LOG in for the day (i do log in every day). I have my streak notifications disabled now, but when I had them on, I would notice them posting at odd times - like when i knew i was still in bed- and that was the only explanation LOL

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a count of logins, not food logging. So, just something like logging in to post in the Community or look something up will increment your login-days count.

Also, I believe some linked devices (like some fitness trackers, some wireless/IOT bodyweight scales) may count as a login when they connect on your behalf.