2015 Wrap-up

Options
Minervus
Minervus Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2016 in Success Stories
I know it's a bit late for one of these.
Last year I went from 230 lbs to 166 lbs.
I do have a couple pictures of how I looked beforehand.
This prom picture is the one that stuck with me the most though. I know I look beautiful in the before picture as well, but I didn't feel beautiful. The dress was too tight on me and I felt like I would pop out of it the entire time. I couldn't even dance with my date that night because I felt too self-conscious. I didn't want people looking at me.
I tried on the dress again a year later and was astounded by how loose it was. What shocked me the most though was the realization of how confident I felt in that moment even without all the makeup and fancy jewelry.

5jnl9z0qbjq2.jpg
I lost the 65 lbs with exercise and healthy eating. I did restrict calories but I didn't get upset when I slipped up a little bit. After all, a person can indulge once in awhile and I want to enjoy life.
All in all, it was a good year of self-discovery and progress. c:
This year I plan on losing 15 more pounds and maintaining all while being fit and active.

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    all right! what a great year!
  • vlnielsen519
    vlnielsen519 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great way to start 2016! Congratulations, you look fabulous :smiley:
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow, you must feel like a whole new person!! Hope 2016 is your best year yet!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!