Winter activities

Options
I live in Maine and would like some new winter activities (besides snowshoeing) any ideas? Outdoor activities preferred

Replies

• Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bundle up in appropriate clothes and get some strap-on ice cleats and you can run/walk in the snow and ice. I feel like a total boss when I'm running on ice.

Ice skating? Cross-country skiing? Downhill skiing? Ski to and from work? Shovel the driveway? Your neighbor's driveway? The whole street's driveway?
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Go sledding! ;) Have a snowball fight, make a snowman, build a snow fort....these may sound corny but they are fun to do and keep you moving
    I also agree with the skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snow shoveling...all the stuff mentioned above,
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do you have a medium to large sized dog? A car with 4WD? A sled (snowmobile)? If so, Skijoring!

A whole "pack" of pooches at your disposal? Dog sledding! (Run with the sled vs. ride) Northern breeds not required: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXIbmbEn8aI

There's also snowshoe running/racing.

Fat tire bicycle and groomed trails?
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, if you live on the coast, sea kayaking in good weather in the protected bays? Just dress/plan appropriately.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ice skating! Sledding on a large Hill. Cross country skiing. Snowball fights. Build an ice castle. Take up ice sculpture.