The Weight is Really Over this Time

Options
So I am opening up a discussion because of course I believe that I have something different to say that no one has ever said on this site....yeah right. No really, I wanted to open up a discussion for those struggling to lose the weight and can provide real every day tips to people that are trying to lose weight. I am hoping for honesty and real life daily struggles that we all face and how to overcome them.

I have tried to do this in silence for many years but you can't, you have to share and receive knowledge. Support during the process is extremely important.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for or giving advice?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Learn to make your new habits your new normal. By meaning, it's strange at first (working out, eating better/less, etc), but once you make it your normal, it's easy. That's what you do every day.

Be patient. Never set "By this date, I'll be this weight" goals. Unless you feel like setting yourself up for failure. I have news for all you newbies, maintainance is actually worse than losing weight. See, you all have something great to look forward to...LOL

Get a food scale. Put your measuring cups away and weigh everything. Seriously. You'll thank me when you have less than 10lbs to lose. Even when you think you have the whole thing figured out, still weigh it.

Water and gum will be your best friends. So will fat and protein.

Low carb isn't necessary, low calorie is.

There are NO foods you shouldn't eat. Seriously, none of them. Eat all the foods with in your calorie goal and watch the lbs fall off week after week.

Consistancy. This is something the more you do the easier it gets.