Anyone have luck recording foods in advance

Options

Replies

• cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I do each day in advance, I only have been doing it for about 3 days but so far it is working really well for me. That way I know what is coming and how I should adjust my snacks and/or breakfast for what we will be doing later.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I only prelog a new meal I'm thinking of having/making to make sure it's not crazy calories that mess me up and doesn't fit my day. That way I can adjust ingredients or portion size if needed before eating. The rest of the time I usually have a decent idea how many calories just from previous logging.
  • zeptepi_sam
    zeptepi_sam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I always try to pre-log at the beginning of the day, helps me stay on track and know if there's some wiggle room when life happens.
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Prelogger here! I log the night before so I know what to pull out of the freezer. I've begun to relish the challenge of hitting my macros as closely as possible and I can only really do that if I pre-plan. Rarely do I go through an entire day without tweaking something, but it gives me a start. Example, I originally planned 3g butter for my toast this morning. Ended up with 4g. Easy fix because everything was already entered. Things are just so much easier for me that way.

Rare exceptions being day trips, etc. when I'm not going to track at all because life.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i pre log in an outline form lol - specific weights and such have to be added in. but it does give me a general guideline for what my day will be like
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    On grocery day I prelog the week sometimes but if I prelog I try to leave a couple hundred calories for variables.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I prelog my entire day... I get up in the morning put in my entries for the day and it keeps me on track as I have planned my day with snacks included. At night, I will add or delete accordingly. It really keeps me within my calories and keeps me from "extra" snacking as I know I only have X calories remaining. I have been slacking a lot lately and stopped logging my food all together... the # on the Scale agrees that prelogging is a MUST for me! :p
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I confess...I'm a pre-logger. It's the only way I can be sure I get all of my calories without going over. Too often, in the past, I've found myself at dinner time without very many calories left to spend.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes pre-log my late night snacks or the beers I plan to have at dinner, just to make sure and leave room. Most everything else gets logged on the spot.
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I do this most days. tends to keep me on track.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I prelog 2 weeks at a time. It helps with my cal goal, sodium levels and most of all grocery budget. Things may get moved around but, it makes things easier.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Since I pack lunch at the same time I make breakfast, I log both at the same time. Then I lig dinner when I eat it.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I log the whole day first thing in the morning. It helps me know if I have enough calories for a treat, how many I can reserve if I'm going out for lunch or dinner that day, and things of that nature. The only thing I don't pre-log is exercise, since that shows up right away on your home page. I wait till the end of the day and log all of that then.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I log my meals for the day ahead each night. I find I do stick to it and I waste a lot less food this way. It also helps me work out the exercise I need to do too and I'm less likely to cheat or change my plans. I don't know why it works for me this way, it just does!
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'll log a beer or so so I can factor it in. Or I'll record my dinner as 1g just to save time. I'll weigh out snacks and put them in zip lock bags and log in advance bit not too far
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I pre-log weekdays at least a week in advance. I have to make up a meal plan anyway, might as well do it here. I need to be organized during the week so I actually print out my days and just make notes on it for what needs to be added/changed for my husband so I have a plan for his breakfast and lunch to set up before I leave the house in the morning - I'm not all that awake in the a.m., need to have it written down.
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I meal plan on Sundays and log everything that's "locked in" - like breakfasts, snacks, leftover lunches, dinners, etc. mostly to make sure I hit my macros. Sometimes things change, like if I need a treat then I have to reorganize bit, but I have a rough plan and try to stick with it, especially if I am trying to maintain a deficit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    No, I want to be able to be flexible. A meal is more satisfying for me if it's something I really want to eat right now and not something I planned days ago.
  • lizetrombley
    lizetrombley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I log the night before :-). It makes it easier fpr me to stay on track . My husband tracks meal to meal, that works best for him :-)
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I rather enjoy my pre-logging. Made it a bit of a ritual it seems lol

Every night after dinner, and cleaning up the kitchen, dishes etc i sit down with a big mug of coffee and pre-log the next day or days.
    The day itself i tweak when needed ( the amounts most of the time)
    I leave some room of a couple hundred calories. This for "extra's and snacks". And most meals are pretty basic and i only have to copy and paste them over.
    I even pre-log my exercise...helps with keeping me honest. I log much lower for those too. Every calorie higher is nice.

When i go out or know i go out i pre-log as much as i can when not no big deal. And special dinners i can pre-log weeks ahead when i know.
    also i use a lot the recipe builder so i can log something and see if it "fits" in the day.

So yes i pre-log and plan.

95069916.png