Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight loss after getting off depo shot

I was wondering how long did it to take for anyone to lose weight after coming off of the depo birth control shot? I've gained a lot of weight from the depo and now that I'm finally off I've lost 5 pounds so far...just want to know how is anyone else losing weight quickly

Replies

• ElizaJay143
    ElizaJay143 Posts: 52 Member
    Well, I'm still counting... I was on it for 3 years and gained about 50 lbs. So far I've lost 1/2 of it... I've been off the shot for about 2.5 years, but I haven't been trying to lose consistently. I'm hoping to have the last of it gone by the end of this year.
  • reneeopruitt
    reneeopruitt Posts: 36 Member
    I never lost it until dieting now five years later.
  • Had a baby seven years ago, gained 60 lbs while pregnant (yay for steroids for preterm labor, I was doing great with weight gain until those stinkin' things). Right after baby, immediately lost 30 lbs. Went on depo, gained 50 lbs on it in six months :/ I got pregnant twice after going off of it and immediately lost all of my pregnancy weight afterwards within 4-6 weeks. I'm STILL fighting that depo weight though, I've managed to get about 10 lbs of it off so far, and that's on 1200 calories a day, doing cardio 30-45 minutes at least 3-4 days a week, plus walking or other light exercise every.single.day. Depo is evil, plain and simple.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    All I have to say is Good Luck!
  • Bima_514
    Bima_514 Posts: 1
    I just got off depo this month, and switch to tri-sprintec lo. I am really hoping that with some work out and dieting, i can shed the 50pounds i gained in two years....
  • Enny2405
    Enny2405 Posts: 97 Member
    I went off my pill in January and absolutly stacked on the weight! After being on it for 16 years my hormones went nuts. Only now 6 moths later are my hormones starting to settle and let me stick to something without getting overly emotional. Men will never understand what we go through!