Meals

Options
The biggest challenge I face is what to eat. I count my calories but finding good meals that don't kill my calories is difficult. What are some of your favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner meals? Thanks and good luck n 2016. Feel free to add me as a friend of you looking for support.

Replies

• GemFromJannah
    GemFromJannah Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    evwxfttys636.jpeg
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Soup! I make a pot every week. Include beans and vegetables and you've got a winner. Freezes great, so you can put half the pot away for 2 weeks from now. Also chili. Lentils are a favorite of mine as well (high fiber, protein and super cheap). Mornings I have shredded wheat cereal with fruit or oatmeal w/raisins, chia seeds + milk, lunch may be 1/2 sandwich and soup or other leftovers. I like scrambled eggs with spinach, mushrooms, onion and a bit of feta. I also may roast a chicken, have some for dinner, then have sliced breast for sandwiches or cut up in a salad. I use the leftover bones for soup stock. The key to losing weight for me is adding vegetables to every meal. And with all that fiber, you need to drink water. Another favorite of mine is roasted sweet potatoes and spicy black beans -- awesome combo.
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    breakfast: Eggs and fruit
    lunch: salad with dried fruit and maybe some small meat (ham bites for examlple)
    dinner: steak and potatoes and veggies

That'll usually add up to about 800-1000 calories (I'm pretty neurotic about portions), then I have an ice cream or a cider or something.

I hate cooking though, so that's part of it. If you want hot meals buy soup or stew and eat that, about 300 calories for a can and very filling.