What exactly does this 'plan' involve..? (link added)

Options
MSH2930
MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I saw this and I am not sure what it actually involves or what the heck it actually is.

1) What or how many video(s) do you get for the 'initial' $19.99..?
2) Where will the recipes be, online..?
3) Do you get actual product in-hand, or is all of the stuff online..?
4) What do you actually get for $19.99..???
5) Is this a monthly thing..? Will they bill me $49.99 each month..?

Sorry but I am not sure what this involves. I have always enjoyed Kathy Smith's workouts since the 80's and 90's but I am not up on technology or monthly things (if that is what this is) or online stuff (if that is what this is)..it just is confusing to me, as to what you actually receive, and if it is a one-time deal, or a monthly thing..?

ETA: sorry, i forgot the link!!
https://www.kathysmith.com/store/2-week-new-you-kickoff

I tried calling them and the person was not very helpful. :(

Thanks for any help!!!

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You may want to post a link, so people will know what it is you're talking about :wink:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Did you see the plan in an advert on this site? It's an advert. I don't want to see a link. I don't like plans at all.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the off topic
    Hey @jgnatca nice to see you back. I was just thinking I hadn't seen you for a few weeks. Hope the holidays were good to you and your family.
    Like the avitar too.

Cheers, h.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    What "plan" are you talking about?
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not sure which plan you are talking about but, MFP is free and is based on calories in < calories out. As for exercise DVDs you can purchase them anywhere for about $10 or you can check out your local library and see which ones they have. I would be more inclined to do the library as again it is free and you can get a different one every couple of weeks to add variety to your workouts.
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what the plans involve. I don't pay for anything to use this site. However, advertisement does pop up sometimes one can ignore it if they like.
  • MSH2930
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oh geez, I can't believe I forgot the link!! I am so sorry!!
    Thanks!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, if you can't answer the questions you've asked above by looking at their site or speaking to them, they're deliberately being opaque about the 'plan' and it's going to take your money and let you down.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,652 Member
    Options
    I like Kathy Smith but customer service is key with me so if they didn't know what they were talking about....

It looks like for $19.99 you get two weeks of videos and meal plans (along with a shopping list) sent to your email. You would probably get a link to the recipes and have to log in and stuff.

I can't tell if the food plans are tailored to a person's stats or it's once size fits all tho.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    MSH2930 wrote: »
    I saw this and I am not sure what it actually involves or what the heck it actually is.

1) What or how many video(s) do you get for the 'initial' $19.99..?
    2) Where will the recipes be, online..?
    3) Do you get actual product in-hand, or is all of the stuff online..?
    4) What do you actually get for $19.99..???
    5) Is this a monthly thing..? Will they bill me $49.99 each month..?

Sorry but I am not sure what this involves. I have always enjoyed Kathy Smith's workouts since the 80's and 90's but I am not up on technology or monthly things (if that is what this is) or online stuff (if that is what this is)..it just is confusing to me, as to what you actually receive, and if it is a one-time deal, or a monthly thing..?

ETA: sorry, i forgot the link!!

I tried calling them and the person was not very helpful. :(

Thanks for any help!!!

It looks like you receive everything via email - your meal plans and your workouts. So, if you would rather use your TV and DVD player for workouts, this is not the plan for you.

This plan lasts for two weeks. I don't know what happens at the end of the two weeks. Possible options:
    1. You may be auto-enrolled for longer for the same price.
    2. You may be auto-enrolled for longer for a higher price.
    3. You may get the option to re-enroll for an unknown price.
    4. Nothing happens - two weeks and you're done.

The person you spoke to should have certainly been able to answer your questions. I understand what you wanted to know and this is not my product.

You could check your library system and see what Kathy Smith DVDs they carry.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well, the picture of Kathy Smith (used for the plan advert) is from the cover of Ageless With Kathy Smith - Total Body Turnaround. There were 3 "Ageless" DVDs I believe. It looks like the individual pieces are available on Acacia.

Year ago Kathy wrote a book Feed Muscle, Shrink Fat. Pretty interesting. There was a beginning phase with lower carbs, then carbs are added later. So Kathy is no stranger to diet plans. I no longer have the book, but it seemed reasonable enough. No crazy low calories. But I don't do well with so much structure.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, and great thoughts as well. I agree, wondering if this is a one size fits all kind of thing (thinking probably is).