Do you love yourself?

Options
noobletmcnugget
noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
Do you love yourself? If you do, but haven't always, how did you learn to?

I find that I generally have a pretty negative self-view and put myself down a lot.

Thought it'd be interesting to ask you guys just to hear some different perspectives. :)

Replies

• LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've recently got into "loving myself" within the last month, but I pray and try to stay optimistic about most things. It's the smallest things that count such as if I'm having a bad day and everything is going wrong, it's super easy to start looking at myself and thinking negative things about myself and why I'm overweight. Small changes, I've even cut back from people who are always negative.
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Small changes, I've even cut back from people who are always negative.

This has been the most important thing for me. If I have to choose between the two, it's better to be alone than to be in the company of the wrong person.
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I went through the biggest heartbreak for me to learn to love myself and value my worth. And with the help of someone who showed me how pretty I was and what I had to offer I slowly started to change the outlook on myself. It's still a battle at times, second guessing myself, picking at my flaws but I believe everyone deals with those kind of insecurities. We wouldn't be human if we didn't. But self growth is the best thing to help with that. At least that's what helped me.
  • LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 65 Member
    Options

This has been the most important thing for me. If I have to choose between the two, it's better to be alone than to be in the company of the wrong person.

Yes and I've come to learn that sometimes it's not so bad doing things a lone. <3
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Definitely in the same boat. I find my self esteem depends on many factors. And can change often. I can be a cocky little *kitten* right after caffeine, but other than that I'm basically shy and introverted, lol.

I'm currently working on developing self esteem from internal sources and accomplishments instead of external validation from other people. External factors are subject to change and approval from others can always be withdrawn.

I found an audio book on youtube called The Six Pillars of Self Esteem. It had and good tips in it.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Meh. I accept myself but am very well aware that there's tons of room for improvement! I agree with the above comment about prayer connection to self-worth, and personally worship a God Who (I believe) made me as I am and adores me as such.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Yes and I've come to learn that sometimes it's not so bad doing things a lone. <3

I agree with you both.... staying away from negativity makes life so much more calm & peaceful. <3
  • MakesItSo
    MakesItSo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It took me a long time to accept and realize that even though it's called -SELF- esteem, everyone I surround myself with can contribute or detract from it. Cutting out the toxic people has helped!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    yup i love myself for the most part

i decided a while ago that im gorgeous and amazing and i accept that

being mean to myself has not benefited me in anyway before so im trying to be done with that
    it can be a struggle but i work on it everyday

• finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Do you love yourself? If you do, but haven't always, how did you learn to?

I find that I generally have a pretty negative self-view and put myself down a lot.

Thought it'd be interesting to ask you guys just to hear some different perspectives. :)

Of course i do .
    If you don't have self love , how do expect someone else to truely love you.
    When you really love and respect yourself , doors open and great people will enter your life.
    Misery attracts misery and i don't think you want to live like that.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I do! I love my Faith, my compassion and my ability to Love unconditionally! I do however lack the strength to stand up for myself more often and to make decisions that benefit my needs!