What did you change in your daily routine?

Options
This question is for everyone and anyone, since you have started MFP, name one thing that you have changed in your daily routine to help you get closer to your goal?

My one change has been to drink two glasses of water with every meal.

Of course there are many other things but this is the most constant of them all.=)

Replies

• junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Being more consistent about working out in the evenings on work days (the 30 Day Shred has been great for this--short, intense, and definitely effective). I don't have time to work out in the mornings, so I used to just tell myself I'd catch up on the weekends. But I never did. This way, I'm working out in the evenings AND working out more on the weekends.
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi, the big change i have made is getting off the couch and exercising, i don't have time to watch the TV anymore!! lol And i love it!! who knew it could make you feel so good :laugh:
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I started riding my bike to work after joining mfp. Big calorie burner there since its 6 miles one way with some nice hills.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    one change has been working out at least 30 minutes a day....

one other drastic change is no soft drinks in the past month.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've increased cardio on strength days by at least 20-30 minutes and I'm more strict with foods I eat: more veggies, LOTS of fruit, and I make sure no matter what to stay within my calories for the day.
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I bring in season fruit snacks to work (grapes, strawberries, etc.), run more often, and find myself ordering lighter.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Aside from being consistent with my 30 to 60 mins of cardio, I log on here every day.

Another welcomed change is turning our family weekends into activity-based weekend, be it hiking, playing Lazertag or frisbee., we're teaching the kids to get moving.
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    weigh out foods to get proper portions--it has helped with my wallet also--food seems to last longer when I eat the appropriate serving size!!! Who knew a bag of chips could last so long!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    weigh out foods to get proper portions--it has helped with my wallet also--food seems to last longer when I eat the appropriate serving size!!! Who knew a bag of chips could last so long!

I've gone from "I only get THAT much," to "Wow, I get THAT much!" Logging in daily has also helped so much. It for sure makes me more accountable for the food choices I'm making.
  • biggphatdaddy
    Options
    zero soda...not even diet or caffienne free...I cut those out back in February when i started this journey...

and energy drinks...I haven't had an energy drink since new years day....

before i decided on this life change, I was drinking prolly a 6 pack or more of 20 ounce pepsis and at least 2 monsters a day...

thats prolly the biggest single thing I did....lot of little things, but that is the thing that kick started it all....
  • blackchick85
    Options
    i workout at least 20 minutes a day and often longer than that.... the only other exercise i used to get was when i was getting out my car and walking into the house, job, food place..etc..... so i have came along way this one month i have been on here
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    The biggest change has probably been exercising every day... the other big one for me was cutting down the coffee I drank (No lie, I drank between 100 - 120 ounces every day!!! Now I drink 1 or 2 20 oz. cups during the week, and MAYBE 3 on the weekends)
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Getting my lazy tail off the couch and on the treadmill!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Working out every day and drinking tonnes of water! :flowerforyou:
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Exercise, exercise, exercise. I used to get 60 minutes/week (if that!). Now I'm diligent to get 60 mins 5-6 times/week. I also wear my heart rate monitor and shoot for 600-800 calories burned (which takes a lot more effort than I want to give sometimes).

Watching my calories increase throughout the hour is very motivating.

I used to never think that I had the time (or the energy) to work out. I MADE the time and now I have energy bursting out of me. I used to be exhausted by 30 mins on the treadmill/elliptical. Now I can do 60 mins of circuit training and I'm tired, but I've got more stamina than I could have imagined!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My biggest change has been planning and preparing food to take with me when I am working. I used to pretty much always skip breakfast as I am not a morning person and couldn't face eating before I left for work. Now I take in a cereal bar (a high quality one, not full of sugar and artificial stuff), fruit and a probiotic yoghurt drink.
  • acstein
    acstein Posts: 55
    Options
    The first big change I made was to not allow sodas into my house, not even when company is over! I have been consistently exercising 5 days a week for several months and had a huge weight gain that spurred me into trying something different. I change my cardio and strength training routine randomly, and I have begun to count calories. I have lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks!!

Another thing that hasn't really effected me is alcohol intake. I do not drink very much, so the ones I do drink are more as treats. However, that is a big one for many people. Even if you drink just 1 a night at dinner, cut that down to 3 a week, and you'll see a big difference...just a helpful tidbit.
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Not reaching for the chocolate bar or a biscuit when i fancy a snack and making sure there is always fruit to have instead. It's more filling as well :)
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't have Taco Bell every night for dinner.
  • JENROMERO
    JENROMERO Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Saying NO to the diet sabotagers at work . Someone is always running out for fast food at lunch and trying to tempt me "You're not really gonna eat that salad/soup/Lean Cuisine, are you.??!". Yes, it was a weak arm to twist....but not anymore. It's a little change, but they all add up right?