Beachbody programs

Options
I'm doing p90x3 right now and LOVE IT. I definitely want to try another program after this 90 days. Thinking of insanity or body beast. Any suggestions ?

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    If you like lifting then body beast is great. I use a stationary bike for cardio as there isn't cardio in it. I'm finishing my second month. I didn't do Insanity but did alpha, beta and gamma of T25. Mostly cardio except for gamma which is cardio with weights. I liked it so much I bought body beast.
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    If you like lifting then body beast is great. I use a stationary bike for cardio as there isn't cardio in it. I'm finishing my second month. I didn't do Insanity but did alpha, beta and gamma of T25. Mostly cardio except for gamma which is cardio with weights. I liked it so much I bought body beast.

Thanks ! I have some friends through my beachbody coach doing t25 and I think I might look into it. I have a gym membership and I still go to do weightlifting on the p90x3 "light"days.
  • KristenStepusin
    KristenStepusin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love insanity programs! Also the new Cize by Shaun T is fun and awesome too! Also the 21 day fix workouts are fun as well
  • Gr84cstr
    Gr84cstr Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X, Insanity, P90x3, and Body Beast. P90X was a good program to break into the Beachbody system. Insanity is strictly cardio and I was somewhat disappointed by the results I expected versus actual. Yes, I was physically more fit, but my body fat ratio remained constant. P90X3 is fantastic if you liked P90X and want something that moves faster and more intense. Body Beast is my favorite since it is almost entirely weight lifting.
  • bvick1985
    bvick1985 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done P90x, Insanity, and a Jillian Michaels program but my favorite program was Georges St-Pierre's Rushfit. It was a little different and incorporates weights all while promoting functional fitness. That program helped me get into lifting after I saw some tiny biceps emerge. Ha!
  • jaymewells
    jaymewells Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have done p90x, insanity and 21 Day Fix. I am currently running an accountability group for the 21 Day Fix program.
  • becomingstronger
    becomingstronger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    P90X was always my favorite. I had great results with it. I loved it so much, I went through it 3 times. However, I started Hammer and Chisel at the end of December and I am in love. It blows P90X out of the water. I would highly recommend it. The longest workout is 40 minutes and you do a little bit of everything. Agility work, heavy weightlifting, balance, cardio.
  • YaGirlMaddi
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I actually decided to do Insanity the asylum because it seems to be the one that meets my fitness goals
  • fiddletime
    Options
    P90X was always my favorite. I had great results with it. I loved it so much, I went through it 3 times. However, I started Hammer and Chisel at the end of December and I am in love. It blows P90X out of the water. I would highly recommend it. The longest workout is 40 minutes and you do a little bit of everything. Agility work, heavy weightlifting, balance, cardio.

I've been looking at Hammer and Chisel but am a little confused. If you buy the medicine ball separately (what weight is it?) how many actual DVDs are in the program and how many different workouts?

• Hastalabeastababy
    Hastalabeastababy Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I've been looking at Hammer and Chisel but am a little confused. If you buy the medicine ball separately (what weight is it?) how many actual DVDs are in the program and how many different workouts?

I believe there are about 16 different workouts included on a total of 6 DVDs. I haven't gone through them all yet but am on Day 12. This program is awesome! I've lost 7 1/2 pounds so far and the containers it comes with have really helped me and my husband get our eating on track. I'm seeing a difference in how my clothes fit too. I don't have a medicine ball, but you can probably substitute dumbbells for it instead. There has been one DVD where we did a kettlebell type throw and we used dumbbells for it. I think I read somewhere that if you do decide to get a medicine ball to get an 8 pounder.
  • bethrodrigues
    bethrodrigues Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've done P90x and loved it- just finished 30 days of Body Beast and loved that too except now I can't zip up my dresses! It built my lats and back too much - I'm so bummed cuz I liked the weigh training. Not sure what to do now :neutral:
  • YaGirlMaddi
    Options
    I've done P90x and loved it- just finished 30 days of Body Beast and loved that too except now I can't zip up my dresses! It built my lats and back too much - I'm so bummed cuz I liked the weigh training. Not sure what to do now :neutral:

I would love to do body beast. I think I am going to to that after insanity asylum.
  • mistycoronado
    mistycoronado Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've done several programs. And am really loving Hammer and Chisel! It feels like the perfect blend of cardio and lifting. I'm only 2 weeks in and every muscle in my body is screaming! Good luck!
  • krrbrr
    krrbrr Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have tried 21 day fix, body beast, P90X, P90X3, T25, Insanity, and currently am doing Insanity Max 30! Insanity is pretty insane, but I am much happier with Max 30!

Good luck in whatever you decide! :)
  • emacaluso
    emacaluso Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love weights, hate cardio (but know I have to do it!)....have been doing 21 df for 5 months now...and have lost about 20 lbs., and approximately 20 in. Thinking about switching it up....Thinking about H & C but my primary goal is to lose weight. I am in pretty good shape. I have a lot of stamina, but have hit a plateau with my weight loss. And, its been pretty slow...hoping to speed it up a bit (2 lbs/week would be my goal). I just ditched the 21 df containers for pure calorie counting, to see if that helps. Any ideas? Do you think H & C is a good option?
  • Gr84cstr
    Gr84cstr Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I would love to do body beast. I think I am going to to that after insanity asylum.

I really enjoy weight lifting and this is a great program to buy. Yes, you may build a little muscle, but muscle burns more calories and you will look great. My only complaint is the coach talks too much and gets on my nerves. Now I do the workouts using the sheets and don't play the DVDs. Still, a great workout program!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Target sells a bunch of equipment for P90X. They have a 20 pound medicine ball, and a couple "slam balls"....one is 10 pounds. Not sure if it's the same thing.
  • amirsleiman480
    amirsleiman480 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have done insanity max 30.. was great currently in the gamma phase of t 25.. its nice cause doing high intensity cardio with weights is a new thing for me. Has anyone tried the 21 day shred plan.? Is it any good?
  • fiddletime
    Options
    I have done insanity max 30.. was great currently in the gamma phase of t 25.. its nice cause doing high intensity cardio with weights is a new thing for me. Has anyone tried the 21 day shred plan.? Is it any good?

I did my first day of 30 day shred today. Previously I did all 3 of T25 and 2 months of body beast. I wanted a break before I finish body beast so started Jillian Michaels 30 DS. Was a good workout and she incorporates weights as part of it. Do you mean 21 day fix, or 30 day shred?

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

If you do body beast (which I recommend immensely) and you end up loving this workout, I don't think you will like Hammer and Chisel at all... I did not..

BB got me some huge gains when I started it and finished it and I still do a lot of the workouts implemented with a larger hybrid..