Need to lose 100+ pounds. Please help!!

Options
I need help and ideas/motivation.
My job is going to have a biggest loser challenge but I want to use it as an opportunity to get this weight under control. I'm heavy and seem to throw my back out a lot which puts me down and out of working out. Any tips, pointers....to help me lose 100 pounds?? Feel free to add me. I will make my journal public. The contest starts Monday....January 11th. Thanks in advance. God bless.

Replies

• kmoats22
    kmoats22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are exercises you can do for anyone that is restricted in movement or worried about injuries. I would just do a search for those. But just focusing on diet alone in the beginning will at least get you started. I used to feel like I had to have a huge plan, but just small steps can be a success. Good luck to you!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Read the sticky posts at the top of each MFP forum. They have lots of good info & tips yo get you started. Browse the topics on the first few pages of each forum as there have been quite a few posts this week about people wanting to lose 100+. It is a daunting task but lots of people here have done it, including me. Get started on strength training as soon as you can. Because it should help your back. I used to have lots of lie back issues and now I hardly ever think about it. You can check out my story in the Success Story forum called "18 months and going strong". It's been bumped up the last few days so should be in the first few pages.
  • cici418
    cici418 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I hope to be a success story :)