Always Hungry

Options
So I have been at this for about 2 weeks now. I have a daily calorie of 1830. I'm staying in that amount, but I'm always hungry. I just now realized how much I have been overeating all this time. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber tend to keep me full for longer periods of time. Some would suggest eating protein and fats before carbs during meals, or very close to one another. If you're feeling adventurous, try a day where most of your calories come from protein and fiber.
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Will do. I'm also trying to figure out if my calories are too high. I plugged in the info and this is a # that MFP gave me. Should I go lower?
  • Protranser
    Options
    How long have you been eating at the calorie goal provided and how has it changed your weight?
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    For about 2 weeks. and I have lost 1 pd per week.
  • Protranser
    Options
    So what is causing you to want to change the calorie goal you've been on for the last two weeks? Are you trying to lose weight faster than you've lost? You realize this would require a larger deficit than you have now.

How would a larger deficit work for you when you're feeling always hungry with the current deficit?
  • always_smilin_D
    always_smilin_D Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Your diary is locked so I wasn't able to look but trying to make sure each meal is somewhat balanced works - protein and complex carbs will keep you feeling satiated longer. I have my macros set to 40 carbs, 40 proteins, and 20 fat -- it worked better for me this way -- you def. need to keep trying till you find what works for you.
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    Hi Always-Smiling, I'm sorry didn't realize it was locked. Not sure how to unlock. Those are the percentages that I have it set at. Protanser I think that the amount I'm at is working pretty good for now. I don't want to lose too fast. I want to have some good control though.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Jbell0213 wrote: »
    Hi Always-Smiling, I'm sorry didn't realize it was locked. Not sure how to unlock. Those are the percentages that I have it set at. Protanser I think that the amount I'm at is working pretty good for now. I don't want to lose too fast. I want to have some good control though.

Go here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings and change Diary Sharing to Public.
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    Perfect. Thank you. I have it public now.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open so I can't make suggestions. In general make sure you are getting enough protein and fats. They keep you feeling full longer. Stuff up on veggies - sometimes I'll eat up to 3-4 cups if I'm hungry and that's still only about 100 calories. Plan your calories so you can have snacks - that should take the edge off between meals. And drink lots of water - it will help you feel full.

Good luck!
  • Protranser
    Options

I would stick to the goal i was given, then. If it feels unmanageable then consider losing .5 lb a week versus 1 lb a week.
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    Soloto I fixed it to be public. You should be able to view it now.
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    Thank you Protranser, I don't think of it an unmanageable, I'm just eating so much less that before. LOL
  • kshama2001
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Are you more full today? You had more protein today than the previous two days.

If protein's not the issue, let's look at fiber. Do you have any reason to track sugar? Can you swap that out for fiber? (You can always put it back later.) You do that in the Nutrients Tracked section of the same page where you made your diary public.

• Jbell0213
    Options
    Well my issue today was I worked 2nd shift. So I ate breakfast at 8:30 or 9, then I don't get a lunch break until 3:30-4 which counts as dinner. Dinner didn't seem to filling, then I was starving by 5;30. Where I'm used to 3 meals a day. Fiber can certainly replace sugar. I'm all for that.
  • Achiever22
    Achiever22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Always Hungry. I find that sometimes I think I'm hungry and I'm actually thirsty. Try drinking a large glass of water and eating an apple or no butter popcorn. Good for you. fiber. Filling. Protein is always good, I agree with the others. Sometimes at work I eat a tablespoon of natural peanut butter on a spoon. Does the trick for me.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Well my issue today was I worked 2nd shift. So I ate breakfast at 8:30 or 9, then I don't get a lunch break until 3:30-4 which counts as dinner. Dinner didn't seem to filling, then I was starving by 5;30. Where I'm used to 3 meals a day. Fiber can certainly replace sugar. I'm all for that.

Well, skipping a meal would certainly make me ravenous!

Looks like you drastically changed your protein macro today so I just wanted to make sure that was intentional. Every time I change something in my Goals the system resets to the default macros >.<
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    Thanks for the look out. I just changed it back. I have 40 % carb, 40% protein and 20% fat. I'm assuming those are good #'s
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    Thanks Achiever. That's what my hubby just said. Drink some Water. You must have read my mind. I had a jar of peanut butter in my lunch bag, and thought tonight, maybe I should just eat a spoonful.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You fiber is too low and sodium high. Try eating more fiber rich foods like: chick peas, black beans, lentils etc. Also make sure to drink lots of water as you increase your fiber.

Try chili bean mix - 14 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein per 1/4 cup seasoned with peppers, onions, garlic, olive oil and a piece of chicken/fish

I find black beans spaghetti is high is protein at least 25 grams per 2 ounces.