Fitbit hr vs vivo fit hr garmin

Options
Looking for a tracker with a heart rate monitor in it. Any preference between these and why

Replies

• KristenStepusin
    KristenStepusin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband has a Fitbit hr and noticed it sometimes counts steps as he drives our vehicles...my Garmin vivofit does not do this and just noticed it has a heart rate option now( I just need to figure out how to use it
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    You should also check out the Polar products. What sets Polar apart from all others is that they count all your activity toward your daily goal, and not just how many steps you take.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Garmin does that, too.
  • tomy2tone01
    tomy2tone01 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    FITBIT. Thats what I have and love it.
  • bthao7
    bthao7 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fitbit HR is the way to go because I have one!
  • nevereverend
    nevereverend Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've got both a fitbit charge HR and a Garmin vivofit. Since getting the fitbit, I have not used my garmin at all. Why? The fitbit software is a whole lot better and the syncing is more responsive. The garmin always seemed to have problems syncing and would routinely time out. Also, the fitbit's sleep tracker is much better and more usable.

For measuring steps, they are both good, but I'd probably give the edge to the Garmin. I can also confirm a few false steps on the fitbit, however, the Garmin was bad at tracking steps taken when I was not moving my arm much, such as when carrying something or pushing a shopping cart. So in that respect, they kind of even out. What was so nice about the Garmin that you can customize how it reads your stride -- you can easily calibrate it to work best for you.

I think it really depends what you want. If a pedometer is your sole focus, go with the Garmin. If better tracking software, more timely syncing, and some neat other little features are just as important as measuring steps, then the fitbit is probably a better choice.
  • c1dav2
    c1dav2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fitbit, just because it looks hot in your wrist. BOOM!