Melt down

Options
I had a melt down today. I wanted to give up although I've lost 28 lbs, can bench 135 when before I struggled with 85, I hate running but I can survive (mostly) my couch 2 5K program, and I feel tons better than I used to feel. Still, I had a meltdown. It sucks feeling inadequate, discouraged and 'blah' when you can feel fine on other days.

I didn't give into that and give up though. I have supportive friends on here that are my awesome cheerleaders and asskickers when needed. I hate how I feel, and as I was doing my C2K I actually teared up in frustration. Now crying isn't a foreign concept to me, but I actually teared up in public and at the gym while exercising.....hmmm guess I needed something to push myself a little harder. Anyways, I guess what I'm saying is that this is one of those 'I hate my body, working out, and everything about health' days. It was so hard to PUSH myself out the door to the gym. I did it though, I did it and I feel so much better that I did. Wanna send a big thank you to my friends and to encourage anyone to go to the gym if you don't feel like it. It'll be worth it and you'll eventually be done if you start now lol.

Replies

• RMB2290
    RMB2290 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate sometimes no matter hard you work it feels like "why bother"... There is nothing wrong with getting the stress out and a few tears are a great way to do that. It is AWESOME that you didn't give up and kept on going, you're an inspiration!
  • snoopycool
    snoopycool Posts: 37
    Options
    I know what that feels like. But you pushed through and now the day is over! Here's to a better day tomorrow :)
  • fitcolette
    fitcolette Posts: 67
    Options
    I think you are pretty amazing! To be able to push yourself like you did today and ended up getting that workout in is what separates the weak from the strong. YOU are strong! I admire that and you should be feeling pretty proud of what you overcame today.

Meltdowns are okay and sometimes we just have them. So many use that as the moment to fall, but you took that and didn't let it take you down. WTG!!!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate sometimes no matter hard you work it feels like "why bother"... There is nothing wrong with getting the stress out and a few tears are a great way to do that. It is AWESOME that you didn't give up and kept on going, you're an inspiration!

Yes exactly! I felt like 'its not working!!!!!' But it is and it's over now haha
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling.
    Its like even though intellectually you know you're better off than before and have progressed and will get there eventually.. you still feel so inadequate !!

Its okay to have these melt downs, just as long as you don't' give up !!
    I've had many breakdowns, turning points, obstacles.. but the most important thing is that I haven't given up. I know if I did, I would be miserable. So we gotta keep going and trust the process!

Here's a quote for you, it helps me!

"One day I'll comfortably sit and look back at all the ups, and all the downs, and smile knowing that I achieved what I set out to. Blood, sweat & tears. It's all a part of the journey. "

It'll be worth it, all the best :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • erikalanem
    erikalanem Posts: 48
    Options
    I feel just the same! Thanks so much for sharing! Happy to know Im not alone....
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Don't give up, we are all here for a reason and that is also why we made friends here. Every once in a while we need that kick in the *kitten* to say "get your mind right". I know I do. From what you say, you are doing great. Keep going one day at a time.