New to MFP and look

Options
Hey, I'm trying to gain weight with the help of my fitness pal. Anyone with a fast metabolism feel free to give your tips.

Replies

• mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough, you are not hardgainer, your metabolism is ok ;)
  • swollnectar
    swollnectar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eat all the time. If you feel hungry, it's already too late :p
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Statistically, the majority of people do not have fast or slow metabolism... they all kind of fall in a standard bell curve. What I typically see as an issue in the gaining weight section is many people still try to eat diet foods (lower in calorie, high in volume) while they bulk. And while it works for some, it doesn't work for many.

Concentrate on high calorie foods; nuts, avocado, use of oils, red meats, dark fish, starches, cheese, bacon, a second helping of bacon, oh hell... a third helping of bacon, ice cream, bagels with cream cheese, etc...
  • adamhendrickson92
    adamhendrickson92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome to hear that you're working towars your goal. I had a similar problem to yours, and MFP helps a lot to make sure you are eating enough throughout the day.

My advice is obviously to eat more food. It's been easier for me to break up meals throughout the day so I can get enough calories to gain weight. If you're looking to gain lean mass (more muscle and leas fat) make sure you're working out/exercising throughout the week.

I also agree with the other posts about "fast metabolism". This is just another qualifier or excuse as to why you are the way you are, but you don't need any excuses. You are who you are and you're dealing with it, excuses will only slow you down.

Like the wise Yogi Berra would say, the game is 90 percent mental, and the other half is physical.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP, like you I thought I had a fast metabolism. However I discovered that I didn't and quite simply I didn't eat enough. Once I started eating more and reduced the amount of cardio I did, I was able to gain weight. The food suggestions @psulemon gave you are spot on. If you know what your maintenance calories are, increase the calories by 250 to do a slow bulk. Pre log your days so you know what you are eating and when. This will prevent situations where its 9pm in the evening, you have a million calories left to eat and wondering how to fill them.