Ready to Fight for a Better Me

Options
I have lost over 100 lbs in the past and gained it back AND more. I took a year to reflect on what I did that made me successful and what I did that made me fail. Information is key and Im ready to apply that now or never. Add me so we can do this together!!! We have to hold each other accountable.!!! Im 23 from NJ by the way!!! Yay Tri-State!!! Lol

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Wow on the previous 100 pound loss, that's amazing! You've got this... :flowerforyou:
  • agoffa
    agoffa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing, your story resonates with me. I have too lost over 100 pounds and gained them back with some more, and I'm also 23. So I hope we can help each other during this long journey.
  • megaroniw830
    megaroniw830 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow 100 pound weight loss! You can do it again! Good luck everyone!

I am trying to lose around 20. I am more upset with myself with the lack of energy and control. I was maintaining for a long time and in the last few years I just started to eat bad and get lazy. And then I had another child. I really want to feel good about myself and be healthy. Today is my first week (again.) I used myfitness pal before and lost 20 so I know I can do it.

PS - I am from NJ too!
  • mutant80
    mutant80 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add and good luck crushing your goals and workouts
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You can do this!

I understand how frustrating it is, as well. I lost 60 lbs after my first born and ALLOWED myself to gain it all back when I was pregnant with my second born. He's now about to be 3 and I've run out of excuses a long time ago! LOL

I'm 27 from TX. :)
  • thehedgehogcan
    thehedgehogcan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar place as you guys - lost then regained about 100lbs in my 20s, steadily put it back on and about half as much again. We have an advantage in some ways, we are realistic about our expectations but we know it can be done!
  • amoracherise2
    amoracherise2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP! Wow on the previous 100 pound loss, that's amazing! You've got this... :flowerforyou:

Thank you!!! Im just seeing this Thank you!! I appreciate your kind words
  • amoracherise2
    Options
    agoffa wrote: »
    Amazing, your story resonates with me. I have too lost over 100 pounds and gained them back with some more, and I'm also 23. So I hope we can help each other during this long journey.
    yes!!! We can do this!!! One day at a time!!!
  • amoracherise2
    Options
    Wow 100 pound weight loss! You can do it again! Good luck everyone!

I am trying to lose around 20. I am more upset with myself with the lack of energy and control. I was maintaining for a long time and in the last few years I just started to eat bad and get lazy. And then I had another child. I really want to feel good about myself and be healthy. Today is my first week (again.) I used myfitness pal before and lost 20 so I know I can do it.

PS - I am from NJ too!

Woo woo Garden State!!!! Lol yes one day at a time!! No stress no regrets just forward movement!!
  • amoracherise2
    Options
    mutant80 wrote: »
    Thanks for the add and good luck crushing your goals and workouts

Thank you for your support!!!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    From an ex NY'er.....You can do it, one day, one pound, one step at a time. :)
    Check out this forum here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

jml1ep0k39ow.png
  • amoracherise2
    Options
    agartin wrote: »
    You can do this!

I understand how frustrating it is, as well. I lost 60 lbs after my first born and ALLOWED myself to gain it all back when I was pregnant with my second born. He's now about to be 3 and I've run out of excuses a long time ago! LOL

I'm 27 from TX. :)

Yes!! When you sit back and realize how much time has passed by?? Gosh its unbelievable!! But you got this!!!
  • amoracherise2
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar place as you guys - lost then regained about 100lbs in my 20s, steadily put it back on and about half as much again. We have an advantage in some ways, we are realistic about our expectations but we know it can be done!

It can and it WILL be done! For me I am tired of giving myself excuses to be unhealthy!! 'Oh, your still pretty' 'Oh, you can find clothes that fit' 'Don't worry about it' 'You have time'....