Lacking motivation!

misssydney_aus
misssydney_aus Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Last year I began my weight loss journey and kicked *kitten*! I lost around 30 lbs. BUT, since the holidays started, I haven't worked out or focused on my eating habits at all. While I haven't gained anything back, I feel sluggish and miserable and just can't seem to find the motivation to get back into a routine! Anyone else in this position?!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    I gained 5 pounds over the holidays. For me, that sluggish feeling was enough motivation to get back on track. I started eating better and already feel much better. You CAN get back on track... but that first step can be a hard one for you to make yourself do. :flowerforyou: You've got this.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    yes and no,
    i have the motivation which started by adjusting my diet. the only lack of motivation i have is being tarnished a ''january'' gymmer by the regular gym bunnies.
    i go through phases where i go throughout the year, then either injury or holiday away puts a stop to it for a few weeks, so waiting until febuary to get back to gym and working out from home. funny thing is once i go once i know il go all the time. its just that initial confidence/motivation.