Newbie help!

Options
Hi all, a couple of quick questions.
I'm very new to formal exercise (walk and hike a lot) but have just started an online 15 minute basic core strength workout (Fit sugar by Popsugar)

My 1st question is how should I log this in the fitness tracker (I've been putting it down as basic wii fit) or should I use aerobics (there is a good 40 calorie difference!!)

My second question is I completed 2x cycles 2 days ago and 1 very painful cycle yesterday - I ache so much without even contemplating the workout I'm worried if I do it again I might injure myself?? Should I wait a few days??

Thanks in advance for your help

Replies

• jonsek
    jonsek Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    You did two 15-minute sessions of it? Way too much ab exercises. What is your goal? Core exercises don't target midsection fat, if that's what you're trying to do.

To answer your question, i'd log it as calisthenics, and wait until the soreness improves before doing it again. If you wait too long though, you might get sore again. :+1:
  • jonsek
    Options
    Lol it's my butt, chest and arms that are killing me!!! My abs feel OK. I've left it for today for soreness to improve. It's a beginner total body 'core' work out. I'll stick to just the 1 workout daily until my poor aching muscles get used to it and then move to 30 min workouts.
    Thank you for your response
  • jonsek
    Options
    Sorry - forgot to mention my goal is to improve overall strength, posture and add some muscle tone. It needs to be something I can do fairly quickly at home. Removing tummy fat would be a bonus but I struggle to get out with the children (I use up all my babysitting to go to work and don't want to overburden others)
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You get the worst soreness 2 days after you work out. Most work outs should be every other day. When you make muscle it tears and then mends. So you have to have mending time.
  • jonsek
    Options
    Thanks starfish. I'll stick with every other day and then hopefully increase the workout time and intensity in a couple of weeks.