Walking/Jogging

Options
JayStu
JayStu Posts: 332 Member
I went for a walk tonight but ran for half of it, How do I log that exercise?

Replies

• LadyQue25
    LadyQue25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd divide the time in half. 30 mins = 15 mins walk & 15 mins run
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    When I do sprints or alternate between jogging and walking I try to half it..or come close to the equivalent minutes for each. So like tonight I was out a total of 50 minutes, and I alternated between brisk walking and jogging...with more brisk walking. So I logged I think 35 min of walking briskly and 15 of jogging (I'd have to check..may be 5 min off what I logged). It may not be exactly right but its how I do it and should be pretty close to the same calories burned...esp if you move nonstop and had no breaks.
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    When I do my 10 mile walk/jog, I'll map out my exact distance, mark my start time and end time. So say I do 10 miles walking and jogging (non-stop) in 2 hours and 50 minutes, that's an average of 3.52 MPH and I'll just log it in MFP as "3.5 MPH fast walk pace for 170 minutes".

I use Google maps, select my home address and directions, choose walking and map it out for exact distance and use machineheads website for speed calculation.

Speed Calculator I use: http://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/speed_distance_time_calc.html

You could also be more literal and keep count of time, remember where you started walking and jogging on google maps and calculate it that way but that would be too much time for me to figure out all the precise distances, I just use my average.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    There is an app called Run Tracker that will keep track of your speed and distance through GPS. It even gives a calorie estimate.