Oatmeal

Options

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    MVY_ wrote: »
    Have you tried overnight oatmeal? It's not hot. It's cold. I use almond milk vanilla flavored, chia seed, oatmeal as a based and then I toss in fruits (raspberries, caramelized apple slices, peaches, mangoes).

60 seconds in the microwave warms it up just fine ;-)
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    But basically, if I'd put it in an omelet, I'll put it in my oatmeal!

Egg-zactly. Except diced potatoes. I'm not a fan of starch-on-starch, but that's a personal preference thing.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Mixed frozen berries are usually my go to because its so easy and sweet enough I don't need sweetener of any kind. Also diced fresh apple slices and cinnamon added at the end of cooking, so good the kids call it apple crisp oatmeal :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I like to think i'm a genuis with this one, but i know others probably do this as well. LOL
    PBJ-Oatmeal-9629.jpg

I like to make pb&j oatmeal. I scoop out a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of jelly and plopp it on top. Then i swirl the top and eat away.

I have done it with fruits, nuts, etc. but i really just like plain pb&j oatmeal. Of course if you're watching cals you can use PB2 instead of plain peanut butter.

Ooo! I've been using PB, but never thought to add jelly. Duh.
  • sympha01
    Options
    sympha01 wrote: »
    Savory oats, y'all! Leftover veggies (usually onions and peppers, but also sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, cabbage, whatever), leftover crockpot or rotisserie or bbq meats (chicken, pork), or sausage, or veggie sausage, or SALMON yes, salmon ermahgah. Cheese. Depending on what leftovers are in there, salsa or bbq sauce or soy sauce or sesame etc.

Also, in this vein: PIZZA OATS. Mushrooms, onions, sundried tomatoes or pizza sauce, oregano, cheese, and pepperoni.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Savory oats, y'all! Leftover veggies (usually onions and peppers, but also sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, cabbage, whatever), leftover crockpot or rotisserie or bbq meats (chicken, pork), or sausage, or veggie sausage, or SALMON yes, salmon ermahgah. Cheese. Depending on what leftovers are in there, salsa or bbq sauce or soy sauce or sesame etc.

Also, in this vein: PIZZA OATS. Mushrooms, onions, sundried tomatoes or pizza sauce, oregano, cheese, and pepperoni.

*mind blown*

This sounds amazing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple and pretty traditional: Thick-rolled oats, frozen mixed berries, Greek yogurt, half an ounce of walnuts, tablespoon of all-fruit spread. (On the side: Hot skim-milk coffee & cold matcha with a lemon or lime wedge.) I like it so much I sometimes eat it for lunch if I didn't have it for breakfast.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I add a bit of whiskey or vodka to mine when I am feeling frisky.
  • sympha01
    Options

*mind blown*

This sounds amazing.

Oatmeal => Delicious breakfast
    Pizza => Delicious breakfast

Therefore:
    Pizza Oatmeal => Delicious-er breakfast.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Can you use just regular old quaker oats to make overnight oats?
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    50 grams of dry oats + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + 1 cup blueberries

it sounds gross but don't knock it till you've tried it
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm a huge chocolate lover do i make an overnight oatmeal with almond milk, raw cocoa powder, 2 Splenda, mini chocolate chips, sliced half banana. I do heat mine in the morning for about a minute and it is delicious much like a dessert.
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    ^ cocoa powder is also very good with oatmeal
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    All of the above are great! I'm gonna try some of them. Try also dried cranberries nd banana, all cooked (although don't overcook the banana). You can add some quinoa for a different texture.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I add a TBS of flax seed and a 1/4 cup of blueberries. No milk...I like it thick and the blueberries add sweetness.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, melted dark chocolate.
  • lsloper
    lsloper Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dreysander wrote: »
    I add half a scoop of whey protein powder and some sort of fruit to mine. I like chocolate with banana or vanilla and berries. You have to mix the protein powder with a little bit of water before you add your oatmeal to it so that it's smooth. I've been having the chocolate banana one for breakfast every morning lately. It's also really good with a bit of peanut butter in it.

This sounds amazing, definitely going to try this at home. Thanks!
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options

Yep! You can use steel cut oats which make a more crunchy/chewy texture depending on how long they're in there (think Chobani Oats- which are delish, BTW!). However, I usually have to double my overnight oats to get any sort of volume so it comes out pretty high calorie.

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Cook in water with a tablespoon of Sirachi(or more) and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Add a few cashews and top with a runny fried egg. Little extra Sirachi does the egg good too.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options

I use Quaker Old Fashioned Oats for my overnight/refrigerator oats. Make up 5 bowls on Sunday and have them throughout the week for breakfast. If you don't want it cold, 60 seconds in the microwave warms it up just fine.