Looking for Chicken Thigh Recipes!

Options
I just got a pack of 8 chicken thighs (skin-on/bone-in). I am looking for healthy recipes that I can cook IN THE OVEN for dinner tonight. I have to run the oven anyway and I want to get the most out of it by cooking the chicken thighs.
Thanks!!

Replies

• gettingittogether15
    Options
    Try Pinterest!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Season how you like, I do garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper and thyme into a rub. Brown the outside. Chop up a bunch of veggies; potatoes, mushrooms, green beans, cabbage, bell pepper etc. Put the chicken on top and bake the whole thing at 375 for about 45 minutes.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Lightly coat skins with light butter or evoo sprinkle on some lemon pepper seasoning bake on 375 for about 30 mins. I often add some cut red potatoes lightly coated with evoo.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This, hands-down.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/perfect-pan-roasted-chicken-thighs

Easy, and by far the tastiest chicken thighs you'll have ever eaten. Crispy where you want crisp. Tender where you want tender.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for a healthier version, take off the skin before you eat your portion.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No clue where my dad got this, but my dad sent me this:

Grilled Chicken Thighs with Lime Dressing

INGREDIENTS:

• 6 garlic cloves, minced

• 4 teaspoons kosher salt

• 1 tablespoon sugar

• 2 teaspoons grated lime zest plus 2 tablespoons juice

• 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

• 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

• 1/2 teaspoon pepper

• 4 skinless large chicken thighs, fat trimmed

• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano

DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine garlic, salt, sugar, lime zest, 2 teaspoons oil, cumin, and pepper, in bowl and

mix to form paste. Reserve 2 teaspoons garlic paste for dressing.

2. Position chicken skin side up on cutting board and pat dry with paper towels. Leaving

drumsticks and thighs attached, make 4 parallel diagonal slashes in chicken: 1 across

drumsticks, 1 across leg joints; and 2 across thighs (each slash should reach bone). Flip

chicken over and make 1 more diagonal slash across back of drumsticks. Rub remaining

garlic paste all over chicken and into slashes. Refrigerate chicken for at least 1 hour or up

to 24 hours.

3. FOR A GAS GRILL: Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15

minutes. Turn primary burner to medium and turn other burner(s) to low. (Adjust primary

burner as needed to maintain grill temperature of 400 to 425 degrees.)

4. Clean and oil cooking grate. Place chicken on cooler side of grill, skin side up. Cover and

cook until underside of chicken is lightly browned, 9 to 12 minutes. Flip chicken, cover,

and cook until leg joint registers 165 degrees, 7 to 10 minutes.

5. Transfer chicken to hotter side of grill, skin side down, and cook (covered if using gas)

until skin is well browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip chicken and continue to cook until leg

joint registers 175 degrees, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to platter, tent loosely with

aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.

6. Meanwhile, whisk remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, cilantro, oregano, and

reserved garlic paste together in bowl. Spoon half of dressing over chicken and serve,

passing remaining dressing separately.

ETA: I don't have a grill, so I plan on just baking in the oven. Not sure about the time, but I plan on just testing the temp of the meat until done.
  • notimeforthat
    notimeforthat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hoisin, low sodium soy and ginger mixed together and brushed on lightly gives you an Asian taste if you like that flavor.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    I have this cooking in the crock pot right now. The basic recipe is from the Jan/Feb 2016 issue of Cooking Light, and I've tweaked it a bit.

Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala

1 TBS evoo
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 TBS minced ginger
    6 garlic cloves, minced
    2 TBS red curry paste
    28 oz diced tomatoes (unsalted)
    1/3 cup water
    3 TBS flour
    1 TBS garam masala
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp curry powder
    1 tsp salt
    ½ tsp ground red pepper
    4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
    Cooking spray
    1 cup frozen green beans
    ½ cup frozen cauliflower
    1 cup light coconut milk
    3 TBS chopped cilantro
    2 cups cooked brown rice
    ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt

1. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook 5-6 minutes, until onions start to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in curry paste and tomatoes;bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes. Combine water and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a wisk. Add flour mixture and spices to skillet; stir well. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
    2. Place chicken into a 6 quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Add tomato mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours or until chicken is very tender and sauce is thickened. Turn cooker to HIGH.; uncover and add vegetables and coconut milk, stirring with a wisk. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes. Turn cooker off; stir in cilantro. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve in a bowl over rice. Top with yogurt.

Makes 4 servings (1/2 cup rice, 1 chicken thigh, 1 ¼ cup sauce, 1 TBS yogurt)
    400 calories, 13.5g fat (5 sat), 26g protein, 46g carbs, 7g fiber

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy. I just add chicken and salsa in a crockpot and then make tacos.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Mix 1/4-1/3 cup honey and Dijon (equal parts) with cracked pepper and rosemary or thyme. Pour over chicken and bake. It's so good!

My husband makes a great baked chicken with jarred artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, beer, fresh basil, mushrooms and capers.
  • ucalegon
    ucalegon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OMG YES. It's like you put out the bat signal for one of my favorite recipes:

This Cracklin' Chicken recipe from nomnompaleo.com is out of this world and really really easy to make.

Just look at it!

tumblr_inline_mzsfbgr1kF1qdei8m.jpg
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Warchortle wrote: »
    I'm lazy. I just add chicken and salsa in a crockpot and then make tacos.

THIS! I throw in chickpeas, black beans, onion, and green pepper and throw that on a tortilla or salad when I get home from work. We have that once a week! Depending on how long you have, OP, you could probably throw the same stuff in a dutch oven and cook it for a couple hours.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I made this

p28zyt8g2v7w.jpg

I deviated from the recipe and cooked all the ingredients in the oven. also added extra bacon and cheese

dnlax1i5efed.png

http://cavemanketo.com/pounded-chicken-pizza/
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    My fitness center has a recipe for maple glazed roast chicken thighs with acorn squash. I forgot to grab a copy. Grr.