My sugar is through the roof!

Options
MoRiv1986
MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
How many grams of sugar do you eat a day? Mine is set at 24 grams on MFP. But lately, because of fruit, I have been going way over that amount. What healthy fruits do you eat that have less sugar? Thanks.

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    no need to worry about the sugar #s unless u are diabetic or have another condition where sugar levels will affect your health.

However, to answer your question about fruit, berries are a great choice as they are typically low in cals and sugar and high in antioxidents. the most sugary fruits are pineapple, mangos and grapes (there are others- but those are some of the highest)
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    YaY! I eat tons of fruit, rarely any refined sugars, lost two stone this year and not been sick once!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :smokin:
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I was about to post the same question. I went months without logging to try to learn to eat at the level "naturally" after I logged for a while to figure out what sort of stuff worked. Now I am adjusting to lose the rest slowly, so I started logging again to learn what to eat for a different level. All it takes is 2 pieces of fruit (an apple and a banana for example) and I am already over. My menu for today looks very healthy but has about 77 instead of the 25 it sets me to. Very little of that is refined; it is almost all from fruits and veggies. The real kicker is that what I am adding in to up my calories is mostly not adding much sugar. So while losing all the weight so far and getting in much better shape, I probably consumed several pounds more sugar than MFP recommends.

ETA - Just remembered my wife picked up a watermelon last night. Just added that to my dinner plan and now I am at 118!
  • MoRiv1986
    Options
    I was about to post the same question. I went months without logging to try to learn to eat at the level "naturally" after I logged for a while to figure out what sort of stuff worked. Now I am adjusting to lose the rest slowly, so I started logging again to learn what to eat for a different level. All it takes is 2 pieces of fruit (an apple and a banana for example) and I am already over. My menu for today looks very healthy but has about 77 instead of the 25 it sets me to. Very little of that is refined; it is almost all from fruits and veggies. The real kicker is that what I am adding in to up my calories is mostly not adding much sugar. So while losing all the weight so far and getting in much better shape, I probably consumed several pounds more sugar than MFP recommends.

ETA - Just remembered my wife picked up a watermelon last night. Just added that to my dinner plan and now I am at 118!

Yes, I enjoyed watermelon last night for dinner, and my sugar was over 100 as well.
  • MoRiv1986
    Options
    And I love grapes. I guess I need to cut back on them.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

Never cut back on fruit, cut back on other carbs if need be
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Never cut back on fruit, cut back on other carbs if need be
    Trouble is that most of my carbs are fruits.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I had the same question!