What are you proud of?

Options
Hello MFP!

Today marks a new beginning for me. After losing 40 pounds in 2014, becoming overwhelming depressed over the holidays and gaining 7 back, I asked myself why do I keep doing this to myself? After doing a lot of soul-searching the past couple of months I've come to realize I need to stop focusing on what how much I have to lose and instead be proud of the little things I've done each day. I challenge you to think of those things no matter how tiny you think they are. Pat yourself on the back when you make a decision that you normally struggle with. Your achievements both big and small may be just the thing someone else needed to read today.

Here's mine:
  • I prepared my lunch and snacks today and actually ate what I prepared!
  • When a coworker who makes the most divine cookies asked me if I wanted some, instead of choosing several as I've done in the past, I chose the smallest one just so I could enjoy the taste in moderation without going overboard.

What's yours?

Replies

• hmthomas317
    hmthomas317 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda a week ago. After drinking at least 2 16oz bottles a day on top of drinking 1 Rockstar a day. I still have to cut out the energy drink, but I am proud that I eliminated the soda so far and upped my water intake from nothing to 64oz a day.
  • FatSwatter
    FatSwatter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda a week ago. After drinking at least 2 16oz bottles a day on top of drinking 1 Rockstar a day. I still have to cut out the energy drink, but I am proud that I eliminated the soda so far and upped my water intake from nothing to 64oz a day.

That is no easy feat! Way to go! It was really hard for me to switch from my normal drinks to water but I feel so much better when I drink water as I'm sure you do too. Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    With boxes of candy sitting near me yet again, I've so far enjoyed 1 1/3rd pieces of See's, and one smallish piece of chocolate covered toffee today. This season has been a huge work at learning moderation, as I really don't want to have to say "no" to all candy. I really do want my cake, and eat it too :smile:
  • FatSwatter
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    With boxes of candy sitting near me yet again, I've so far enjoyed 1 1/3rd pieces of See's, and one smallish piece of chocolate covered toffee today. This season has been a huge work at learning moderation, as I really don't want to have to say "no" to all candy. I really do want my cake, and eat it too :smile:

Oh what a great lesson for us! I remember when I first started this journey I thought I had to give up so much. However, you hit the nail on the head with your comment on learning moderation. Glad you are able to have your cake and eat it to! :smile:
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I used to have 4-5 beers a week, usually on the weekends, I have sat through three sessions of the guys getting together and managed to drink ice tea. The chicken wings were replaced with healthy alternatives. It was tough but that is my trigger for a binge. I beat you again dear chicken wings and beer, I own you now!
  • FatSwatter
    Options
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    I used to have 4-5 beers a week, usually on the weekends, I have sat through three sessions of the guys getting together and managed to drink ice tea. The chicken wings were replaced with healthy alternatives. It was tough but that is my trigger for a binge. I beat you again dear chicken wings and beer, I own you now!

Haha! I love this! Not once, but three times!!! Who knows what positive influence you may have on others around you as well. Thanks for sharing :smile: