MFP get-together in your area!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
I think it would be awesome for us to not only be a community online but to get to know each other outside of MFP and encourage each other face-to-face. I can think of at least 3 people right off the top of my head that are within 2 hours of me, boomboom011, KnightofGod, and LittleMissAngi.

Guys, wouldn't it be great to get together with some of our MFP friends (or even those we don't know but live close to us), maybe have a healthy pot luck dinner, go for a relaxing walk around the block. We could grab as many people in our area and decide who's in the middle for everyone (or whoever wants to host) and host everyone.

Plus...we can see what everyone looks like in PERSON. The camera adds 10 lbs, remember? :wink:

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Your idea is wonderful. If you are able to organize it, I'd like to participate. Maybe you can make a suggestion to Mike, the creator. We can have forums that are set up for our specific region. I think it would be fun to have a mixer/ice breaker to meet and greet in person.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I looked for some people, today actually, in the Santa Fe, NM area.....but it seems most of them don't log on anymore. :huh:
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Getting together sounds like a great idea. Maybe Mike can arrange it by state. I live in NJ.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    That would be awesome. I've already met one person I met on here. Happened to find someone that lives in the same small town!
  • monkey191
    monkey191 Posts: 19
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea and one I would definitely get involved in.

I have checked for people living near to me and unfortunately there is no one at the moment, however I sure people will join.

As I am new to the site I am looking for friends to support me online so would be happy to add as a friend.
  • aippolito1
    Options
    If you guys add your location to your profile (even the closest BIG city to you, if you're paranoid), it might be easier for OTHERS to find YOU! :happy:
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    aww you mentioned me! Yay!

You know whats funny? I was thinking the exact samething last night!

Maybe get together one Saturday a month or so and do something fun...

My picture is from 4 years ago when I was 160... Im now at 192ish... :-( and I do not look the same at all!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! Too bad I live like 5 hours away from you!! You're right we have so much in common I feel like we'd get along great!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I live in SoCal. An hour from LA and two hours from Las Vegas.
  • MadHatR5
    MadHatR5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: bump
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    That would be cool.
    I live in Long Beach, CA area but when I did a zip code search it seemed like most that live near me don't log on.
    BOO!
  • Dusty73085
    Dusty73085 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am in So Cal also! About an hour North East from Long Beach and LA.

It would be fun to go on a hike or something! :)
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Sounds cool...me and hubby (both on MFP ) are in Dallas Area.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    boomboom011 is in!
  • aippolito1
    Options
    Well I can't speak for anyone else but I'll do my best to get a Dallas gathering put together!
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. I am in Rochester, NH about 45min away from Concord, and 30 min from the Mass/Maine borders.