Squats!

Options
I've recently started doing squats, which I plan to stick to this time!
Does anyone have any tips on what foods to eat and any other exercise that are good to improve your bum ☺?
Thank you!

Replies

• amyglynn5
    amyglynn5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    amyglynn5 wrote: »
    I've recently started doing squats, which I plan to stick to this time!
    Does anyone have any tips on what foods to eat and any other exercise that are good to improve your bum ☺?
    Thank you!

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves, Bret Contreras

Eat at surplus, get adequate protein and fats
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Barbell Squats, Sumo Dumbbell, Goblet Squat, lunges (particularly if you bend forward at the waist so the weights are over your front foot). Be sure to squeeze that biz at the top and think about those muscles...will help engage.
  • amyglynn5
    Options
    Sweet, thank you! I've just been doing standard squats with a 6kg kettlebell
  • amyglynn5
    Options
    Sweet, thank you! I've just been doing standard squats with a 6kg kettlebell, doesn't feel like enough haha. I'll definitely try the lunges though :smile:
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    yea, lean forward (think 45 degree between straight up and thigh) and keep that chest up (arch). Try to hit the floor with your knee if you can and squeeze at the top. Also, different squats are great so mix it up. I like dumbbell sumo for adductor and butt by keeping those toes pointed way out and dumbbell right under you. Its also a big help if your knees cave in a bit doing barbell squats.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hip thrusts too

6kg .. time to increase that .. that would be a goblet squat
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do you have access to a gym? If not and you're limited to the kettle bell and bodyweight work, incorporate glute bridges, plyometric work, sprints, and if you can figure out a way to do back extensions or reverse hyper, you'll see improved glute strength. And Romanian deadlifts and Bulgarian split squats to make the most of the low weight bell. If you have access to a gym, definitely get under a barbell and give traditional squats a try. Along with Zercher squats, Romanian deadlifts, good mornings...