I lost 7kg not going to the gym :(

Options
danivparra
danivparra Posts: 5 Member
So this is my story, I had been heavy lifting for about a year when I had to stop in September to study abroad for three months. During those months I didn't eat enough calories and even without doing any exercise more than walking to the bus stop I lost 7kg. I didn't even notice because I was wearing layers all the time as it was fall but when I came back to my country which has a hot weather I definitely notice it. Now the thing is I can't go back to the gym because I'm starting college away from home and I don't think I'll have the time for a gym, although I'm thinking in doing strength training at home without weights since I won't have any. I'm still a little lost in how it is going to work since I the only thing I've know is lifting heavy to build, if anyone has an advice or a comment feel free to write I just wanted to talk with someone about it

Replies

• Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Try something that makes your body struggle maybe something like single leg squats, they kill my thighs or even like go to a builders yard and buy a bag of cement dust they weight 25kilo for 5 quid.. or sand bags, buckets full of water
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If u have a Mrs chuck her on your shoulders and squat haha
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I would suggest doing whatever you can with bodyweight exercises.
  • danivparra
    Options
    Try something that makes your body struggle maybe something like single leg squats, they kill my thighs or even like go to a builders yard and buy a bag of cement dust they weight 25kilo for 5 quid.. or sand bags, buckets full of water

Yess I've thought about trying to find heavy things around to lift, a bag a of cement wouldn't be really practical for me because I'll be renting a room at someone's house, thanks for the idea though ;) any other variations for bodyweight exercises?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Maybe I've been out for too long...but don't most colleges these days have a fitness facility students can use? I mean they did 20+ years ago when I was in school.

As for time, if you make it a priority, you'll find the time.
  • danivparra
    Options
    Maybe I've been out for too long...but don't most colleges these days have a fitness facility students can use? I mean they did 20+ years ago when I was in school.

As for time, if you make it a priority, you'll find the time.

I guess it is like that in the US but I'm not going to college there, and you might be right about the time,it's just that it is also a matter of money since I'll actually be abroad and I don't really want my parents to spend more money on that
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Gotcha I'm on my phone and didn't realize you were not in the states.

Still i'd check with your college if you haven't already...you might be pleasantly surprised
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    nerdfitness bodyweight
    you are your own gym
    convict conditioning

and make the time
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    what country are you in?

If your college doesn't have, which it most probably will, do you have public park gym equipment, community gyms - you say you're in a hot country? How far from a beach?