Fresh Fruits and Veggies :)

Options
amyslay
amyslay Posts: 18 Member
Don't forget about your local Farmer's Market for great deals. Went today stocked up on some fresh fruits and Veggies. Watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, blueberries, squash and okra……yummy

Replies

• DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Don't forget about your local Farmer's Market for great deals. Went today stocked up on some fresh fruits and Veggies. Watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, blueberries, squash and okra……yummy

Thanks,great idea.I just might do that.
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    ooohhh.... hadn't been able to go due to school commitments but tomorrow i am FREEEEEEEEEEE (after Curves, of course) so i will stop by ours... Wednesdays!!
    thanks!!
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My basket of CSA from my farmer this week had: spinach, romaine, arugula, swiss chard, broccoli rabe, dill, cilantro, strawberries and honey (we're in MN, so crops are not all yet abundant).

Its salad making time folks, and don't forget how wonderful and yummy homemade dressings can be!!!!!!!!

good luck all,
    JoJo
  • amyrjo
    amyrjo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to get by there. Is the farmers market by the fairgrounds? Atleast I think that is where it is, but with my sense of direction....who knows where it really is!:)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    My basket of CSA from my farmer this week had: spinach, romaine, arugula, swiss chard, broccoli rabe, dill, cilantro, strawberries and honey (we're in MN, so crops are not all yet abundant).

Its salad making time folks, and don't forget how wonderful and yummy homemade dressings can be!!!!!!!!

good luck all,
    JoJo

I'm in Minnesota and that is more abundant than my CSA boxes have been thus far! :laugh: I have been enjoying GIANT salads! I just bought a salad spinner for all the fresh-from-the-farm greens. My homemade dressings are really simple, light and bring out the natural flavor: 1 part sesame oil, 2 parts lime juice, fresh ground pepper! That's all! YUM!